- Paperback: 364 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (May 17, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849514666
- ISBN-13: 978-1849514668
Over 70 simple but incredibly effective recipes for taking control of automated testing using powerful Python testing tools
- Learn to write tests at every level using a variety of Python testing tools
- The first book to include detailed screenshots and recipes for using Jenkins continuous integration server (formerly known as Hudson)
- Explore innovative ways to introduce automated testing to legacy systems
- Written by Greg L. Turnquist – senior software engineer and author of Spring Python 1.1
- Part of Packt’s Cookbook series: Each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible
Are you looking at new ways to write better, more efficient tests? Are you struggling to add automated testing to your existing system? The Python unit testing framework, originally referred to as “PyUnit” and now known as unittest, is a framework that makes it easier for you to write automated test suites efficiently in Python. This book will show you exactly how to squeeze every ounce of value out of automated testing.
The Python Testing Cookbook will empower you to write tests using lots of Python test tools, code samples, screenshots, and detailed explanations. By learning how and when to write tests at every level, you can vastly improve the quality of your code and your personal skill set. Packed with lots of test examples, this will become your go-to book for writing good tests.