- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1st edition (May 10, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470768738
- ISBN-13: 978-0470768730
Facebook Application Development For Dummies
Want to build the next runaway Facebook app like Farmville or Mafia Wars? Interested in leveraging Facebook app development as part of a marketing strategy? Whether you want to build your own Facebook app from scratch, extend an existing Facebook app, or create a game, this book gets you up and running in no time. Master the Facebook toolkit, get acquainted with the Facebook Markup and Query languages, navigate the Facebook API even learn how to make money with your new app!
- Shows you how to build the next great Facebook application with just basic HTML and scripting skills
- Delves into what makes a good app and what makes a lucrative app
- Explores how to create Facebook apps for marketing and viral reach, creating apps that can make money, and Facebook game development
- Reviews the Facebook toolkit and gets you started with the My First Facebook application
- Covers Facebook Markup and Query languages, navigating the Facebook API, and how to create a compelling interface
A fun and easy guide to creating the next great Facebook app!
Facebook Application Development For Dummies: Create the next killer Facebook app with this approachable, fun guide!
From the Back Cover
Learn to choose your platform, plan your strategy, and spread your message with Facebook!
Ready to build the next knockout Facebook app? Whether you’re starting out with a humble (but useful!) HTML tag to welcome visitors to your Facebook page or planning a fully integrated Web site that connects your visitors with their Facebook friends, this book has the scoop. If you know justa bit about HTML and basic scripting, you’re ready to go!
- Find the fish – see how you can put your product or servicebefore Facebook users and “fish where the fish are” with apps and Pages
- Get the tools – check out the Facebook Developer app and choose a text editor, hosting service, and scripting language
- Explore APIs – learn about OAuth 2.0, Graph API, Real-Time Objects, the Search API, and more
- Make it mobile – program your app on the iPhone or Android Facebook SDK
- Be businesslike – turn app development into a business, advertise and sell your apps, and keep up with the rules
Facebook Application Development For Dummies: Open the book and find:
- How to create developer and test accounts
- Tips for setting up an app-hosting foundation
- Steps for creating a 5-minute app
- How to recreate your Web site within Facebook
- Integration points and how to use them
- Cool ways to use Social Plugins
- How to translate your Web site into multiple languages
- Pitfalls to avoid
Facebook Application Development For Dummies: Learn to:
- Install the Facebook toolkit and use the Graph API
- Use Facebook Markup Language and Facebook Query Language
- Create applications for marketing and making money
- Boost your brand with a Facebook page
Jesse Stay is a social media technologist, consultant, and developer who specializes in Facebook and related technologies that enable business owners to reach their customers in a viral manner. He is Social Media Director for the LDS Church as well as founder and CEO of Stay N Alive Productions.
Facebook Application Development For Dummies (611)