Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Unleashed
- Paperback: 1224 pages
- Publisher: Sams; Pap/Psc edition (August 14, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780672330810
- ISBN-13: 978-0672330810
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Unleashed
This end-to-end deep dive into Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional will help working developers squeeze maximum productivity out of Visual Studio 2010’s extraordinarily rich toolbox, whether they are writing code for the Web, Windows, Silverlight, or Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing environment.
The authors combine authoritative and detailed information about Microsoft’s latest IDE, with extensive insights and best practices drawn from decades of development experience. Developers will learn how to use Visual Studio 2010 Professional to take full advantage of the entire .NET platform, including Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) for rich client development, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) for building dynamic service-oriented solutions, and Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) for structured programming around business processes. The authors also present extensive new coverage of Microsoft’s powerful new tools for unit testing, application instrumentation, and code analysis.
By focusing entirely on Visual Studio 2010 Professional, the authors have gone deeper into Microsoft’s core product than ever before. Throughout, their focus is relentlessly practical: how to apply Microsoft’s tools to build better software, faster.
Detailed information on how to…
- Work with solutions, projects, browsers, explorers, editors, and designers
- Write better macros, add-ins, and wizards
- Save more time with Visual Studio 2010’s updated productivity tools
- Instrument, analyze, and test your software
- Refactor code for greater robustness, maintainability, and performance
- Share code with team members and the larger community
- Write powerful ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, and Silverlight web applications
- Implement robust service oriented architecture (SOA)-based applications
- Efficiently consume services with WCF
- Write advanced Windows applications with Windows Forms and WPF
- Construct data-centric applications with LINQ and Entity Framework
- Create and host workflow-based applications with WF
- Write applications for the Azure cloud
- Extend Visual Studio with the new Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF) and the Automation Object Model
- Build better object-oriented VB or C# software, and use new dynamic language features
Mike Snell is co-owner of Brilliant Storm with Lars Powers. Mike has spent the last six years defining scalable, enterprise-level architecture for client-server and Web-based projects. In addition, he has a strong background in software architecture using UML and project management. Mike has also achieved the distinction of Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer.
Mike Snell spends his work life helping teams build great software that exceeds the expectations of end users. Mike runs the Solutions division at CEI (www.ceiamerica.com). Mike and his team deliver architecture, consulting, and mentoring to clients looking to build great enterprise and commercial software. Mike is also a Microsoft Regional director (www.TheRegion.com).
Lars Powers is co-owner of Brilliant Storm, a consulting company that specializes in developing intelligent tools for the .NET world. Lars has more than 10 years of experience in the software development sector, in roles ranging from programmer, designer, and architect to consultant, mentor, and project manager. Nearly all of his development expertise centers on designing and implementing highly distributed applications using Microsoft Visual Basic and COM technologies at companies large and small. He is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer, and was one of the original “charter members” of this certification program, first certified as an MCSD in 1995.
Lars Powers is a Principal ISV Developer Evangelist with Microsoft in the Developer and Platform Evangelism group. He works with Microsoft’s largest global ISV partners to help them craft solutions on top of Microsoft’s next-generation technologies. Prior to joining Microsoft, Lars was an independent consultant providing training and mentoring on the .NET platform.Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Unleashed (508)