- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 19, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849680507
- ISBN-13: 978-1849680509
Manage and maintain your organization’s master data effectively with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services
- Gain a comprehensive guide to Microsoft SQL Server R2 Master Data Services (MDS) with this book and eBook
- Explains the background to the practice of Master Data Management and how it can help organizations
- Introduces Master Data Services, and provides a step-by-step installation guide
- Covers all features of Master Data Services, including hierarchy management, importing/exporting data, the MDS API, and business rules
- Includes practical examples that guide the reader on how to use each feature of the product
Microsoft SQL Server Master Data Services (MDS) enables organizations to manage and maintain business data used to make critical business decisions. MDS is a Master Data Management (MDM) application, which standardizes and streamlines the critical data entities of an organization, essentially centralizing your master data.
A focused, practical tutorial, this book will show you how to manage and maintain your organization’s master data and improve data quality with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services. Using credible techniques and an end-to-end approach, this book will take you through the steps required to implement Master Data Management, enabling business users to standardize and streamline their business data.