Professional Test Driven Development with C#: Developing Real World Applications with TDD
- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: Wrox; 1st edition (May 10, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 047064320X
- ISBN-13: 978-0470643204
Professional Test Driven Development with C#: Developing Real World Applications with TDD: Hands-on guidance to creating great test-driven development practice
Test-driven development (TDD) practice helps developers recognize a well-designed application, and encourages writing a test before writing the functionality that needs to be implemented. This hands-on guide provides invaluable insight for creating successful test-driven development processes. With source code and examples featured in both C# and .NET, the book walks you through the TDD methodology and shows how it is applied to a real-world application. You’ll witness the application built from scratch and details each step that is involved in the development, as well as any problems that were encountered and the solutions that were applied.
- Clarifies the motivation behind test-driven development (TDD), what it is, and how it works
- Reviews the various steps involved in developing an application and the testing that is involved prior to implementing the functionality
- Discusses unit testing and refactoring
Professional Test Driven Development with C#: Developing Real World Applications with TDD shows you how to create great TDD processes right away.
From the Back Cover
Start working with test driven development processes to build better applications
If you want to write robust software that is simple to implement and maintain, you need to use Test Driven Development (TDD). This hands-on guide shows you how, providing invaluable insight for creating effective TDD processes. With the help of source code and examples featured in C#, the authors walk you through the TDD methodology and show you how to apply it to a real-world application. You’ll explore the application as it’s built from scratch and follow each step involved in development, including problems that arise and the solutions to apply. Within no time, you’ll be designing your own successful TDD processes.
Professional Test Driven Development with C#: Developing Real World Applications with TDD:
- Describes common software problems and provides refactoring practices that resolve them
- Shows patterns that can be used to test WPF and Silverlight applications
- Helps you ensure that when a defect is fixed it stays fixed without causing unexpected side effects
- Shows how to structure your MVC application for testability
- Shares the easy steps that can be taken to test WCF services
- Explains how to run integration tests to ensure that everything works as planned
- Uncovers best practices for writing good tests that are readable and maintainable
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
James Bender is Vice President of Technology for Improving Enterprises. He is a Microsoft MVP, working on everything from small, single-user applications to Enterprise-scale, multi-user systems.
Jeff McWherter is a Partner and Director of Development at Gravity Works Design and Development. In 2010 Jeff was awarded with the Microsoft MVP for the third consecutive year.Professional Test Driven Development with C#: Developing Real World Applications with TDD (247)