- Paperback: 672 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media; 2nd edition (June 30, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449387829
- ISBN-13: 978-1449387822
Head First iPhone and iPad Development, 2nd Edition: A Learner’s Guide to Creating Objective-C Applications for the iPhone and iPad, Covers iOS 4 SDK and Xcode 4
Whether you’re a seasoned Mac developer who wants to jump into the App store, or someone with strong object-oriented programming skills but no Mac experience, this book is a complete learning experience for creating eye-catching, top-selling iPhone and iPad applications.
- Install the iPhone OS SDK and get started using Interface Builder and XCode
- Put Objective-C core concepts to work, including message passing, protocols, properties, and memory management
- Take advantage of iPhone OS patterns such as datasources and delegates
- Preview your applications in the Simulator
- Build more complicated interactions that utilize multiple views, data entry/editing, and rotation
- Work with the iPhone’s camera, GPS, and accelerometer
- Optimize, test, and distribute your application
We think your time is too valuable to waste struggling with new concepts. Using the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory to craft a multi-sensory learning experience, Head First iPhone and iPad Development, Second Edition has a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works, not a text-heavy approach that puts you to sleep.