Amazon Web Services in Action, Third Edition
- Paperback: 552 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (May 2, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 163343916X
- ISBN-13: 978-1633439160
Amazon Web Services in Action: An in-depth guide to AWS, 3rd Edition: Master essential best practices for deploying and managing applications on Amazon Web Services. This revised bestseller is packed with techniques for building highly available and scalable architectures and automating deployment with Infrastructure as Code.
Thousands of developers have chosen Amazon Web Services in Action, Third Edition to help them succeed with the AWS cloud. Readers love this all-practical handbook for its complete introduction to computing, storage, and networking, along with best practices for all core AWS services. This revised third edition features new chapters on containerization, along with a variety of AWS innovations. You’ll also learn how automating your infrastructure with IAC is a game changer for your cloud deployment, delivering a massive boost to efficiency and quality.
Amazon Web Services, the leading cloud computing platform, offers customers APIs for on-demand access to computing services. Rich in examples and best practices of how to use AWS, this Manning bestseller is now released in its third, revised, and improved edition.
- Leverage globally distributed data centers to launch virtual machines with EC2
- Store and archive large volumes of data with EBS, S3, and EFS
- Persist and query data with highly available and scalable database systems with RDS and DynamoDB
- Enhance performance with caching data in-memory with ElastiCache and MemoryDB
- Use Infrastructure as Code to automate your cloud infrastructure
- Secure workloads running in the cloud with VPC and IAM
- Build fault-tolerant web applications with ALB and SQS
- Automate common sysadmin tasks with Lambda, CLI, and SDK
- Build cloud-native applications based on containers with AppRunner, ECS, Fargate
In Amazon Web Services in Action, Third Edition: An in-depth guide to AWS, the Wittig brothers give you a comprehensive, practical introduction to deploying and managing applications on the AWS cloud platform. With a sharp focus on the most important AWS tasks and services, they will save you hours of unproductive time. You’ll learn hands-on as you complete real-world projects like hosting a WordPress site, setting up a private cloud, and deploying an app on containers.