Android 3.0 Application Development Cookbook
- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849512949
- ISBN-13: 978-1849512947
Over 70 working recipes covering every aspect of Android development
- Written for Android 3.0 but also applicable to lower versions
- Quickly develop applications that take advantage of the very latest mobile technologies, including web apps, sensors, and touch screens
- Part of Packt’s Cookbook series: Discover tips and tricks for varied and imaginative uses of the latest Android features
Android is a mobile operating system that runs on a staggering number of smartphones and tablets. Android offers developers the ability to build extremely rich and innovative applications written using the Java programming language. Among the number of books that have been published on the topic, what’s missing is a thoroughly practical, hands-on book that takes you straight to getting your job done without boring you with too much theory.
Android 3.0 Application Development Cookbook will take you straight to the information you need to get your applications up and running. This book is written to provide you with the shortest possible route between an idea and a working application.
Work through the book from start to finish to become an Android expert, or use it as a reference book by applying recipes directly to your project.
This book covers every aspect of mobile app development, starting with major application components and screen layout and design, before moving on to how to manage sensors such as internal gyroscopes and near field communications. Towards the end, it delves into smartphone multimedia capabilities as well as graphics and animation, web access, and GPS.
Whether you are writing your first app or your hundredth, this is a book that you will come back to time and time again, with its many tips and tricks on the rich features of Android 3.
Over 100 working recipes covering every aspect of Android development.
What you will learn from this book :
- Design custom layouts and widgets
- Connect your application to the Web
- Animate your applications
- Create touch and motion sensitive apps
- Respond to your user’s every move with sensor control
- Use GPS to create location sensitive apps
- Create and play back sound and video
- Augment reality through camera controls
- Access WiFi networks and Bluetooth
- Incorporate Google Maps in your applications
The book is written in a cookbook style, presenting examples in the style of recipes, allowing you to go directly to your topic of interest, or follow topics throughout a chapter to gain in-depth knowledge.
Who this book is written for
If you are new to Android application development and looking for a quick start, or if you are an experienced Android developer looking for a reference guide, then this book is for you. Ideally, you should know some Java and a little about mark-up languages but this is by no means necessary. This book will teach you how to write rich Android applications from scratch in no time.
[download id=”258″ format=”1″]