Android App Distribution
- Paperback: 345 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 8, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1950325237
- ISBN-13: 978-1950325238
Android App Distribution: Preparing for App Distribution & Full Maintenance Lifecycles: Learn Android App Distribution! Up to date for Android 12, Kotlin 1.5 & Android Studio Bumblebee
Distributing Android apps involves a lot more than just uploading an app to the Google Play store. There are lots of steps, processes and small details that make the difference between a successful app and one that doesn’t gain any traction. That’s where Android App Distribution comes to the rescue! In this book, you’ll learn how to distribute Android apps the easy way: by following fun and easy-to-read tutorials.
While Android developers of all experience levels will find the information in this book useful, it will be very beneficial to new Android developers as well as to experienced developers who haven’t worked on consumer apps or who haven’t been involved in the “nuts and bolts” of the app release process.
Topics Covered in Android App Distribution: Preparing for App Distribution & Full Maintenance Lifecycles:
- Google Play Store: Quickly get the hang of using the Play Store.
- Test Tracks: Learn how and why to use test tracks to test your app.
- Before Release: Strategies for a smooth release process.
- Security: Configure app permissions for a better user experience, plus learn best practices for securing your app.
- Deployment: Optimize app size, obfuscate the APK and deliver a dynamic feature set with Android App Bundles.
- Build Types: Learn about build variants and flavors and how to add them to your app.
- Automation: Discover the most important tools for your local environment and how to set up CI to help with your deployment.
- Post Release: Monitor your app’s performance and vitals, plus tips for getting top ratings and managing negative reviews.
One thing you can count on: after reading this book, you’ll be confident that you’ll know how to release your app, make it more successful and maintain it over time.