Android Application Testing Guide
- Paperback: 332 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 23, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849513503
- ISBN-13: 978-1849513500
Build intensively tested and bug free Android applications
- The first and only book that focuses on testing Android applications
- Step-by-step approach clearly explaining the most efficient testing methodologies
- Real world examples with practical test cases that you can reuse
It doesn’t matter how much time you invest in Android design, or even how careful you are when programming; mistakes are inevitable and bugs will appear. This book will help you minimize the impact of these errors in your Android project and increase your development productivity. It will show you the problems that are easily avoided, to help get you quickly to the testing stage.
Android Application Testing Guide is the first and only book providing a practical introduction to the most common available techniques, frameworks, and tools to improve the development of your Android applications. Clear, step-by-step instructions show how to write tests for your applications and assure quality control using various methodologies.
The author’s experience in applying application testing techniques to real world projects enables him to share insights on creating professional Android applications.
The book starts by introducing Test Driven Development, which is an agile component of the software development process and a technique where you will tackle bugs early on. From the most basic unit tests applied to a sample project to more sophisticated performance tests, this book provides a detailed description of the most widely used techniques in the Android testing world in a recipe-based approach.
The author has extensive experience of working on various development projects throughout his professional career. All this research and knowledge has helped create a book that will serve as a useful resource to any developer navigating the world of Android testing.
What you will learn from this book :
- Apply testing techniques and utilize tools to improve Android application development
- Learn the nuances of Unit and Functional testing and apply them to your Android projects
- Create sample Android test projects to try out your testing techniques
- Understand different development methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development
- Test different components such as Activities, ContentProvider, Services, and so on that make up an Android application
- Apply the Continuous Integration technique for ultimate application quality control
- Improve application performance by analyzing the results returned from performance tests
- Expose your application to a wide range of conditions and configurations to simulate real life network conditions and detect problems in the application
Adroid Application Testing Guide is a highly detailed book which gives step-by-step examples for a great variety of real-world cases, providing professional guidelines and recommendations that will be extremely valuable for optimizing your development time and resources. In the chapters you will find an introduction to specific testing techniques, and tools for specific situations.
Who this book is written for
If you are an Android developer looking to test your applications or optimize your application development process, then this book is for you. No previous experience in application testing is required.
[download id=”205″ format=”1″]