Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 Essentials
- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (June 28, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118016750
- ISBN-13: 978-1118016756
Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 Essentials
The new Essentials books from WOW! eBook are beautiful, task-based, full-color Autodesk Official Training Guides that help you get up to speed on Autodesk topics quickly and easily. Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 Essentials thoroughly covers the fundamentals of this popular 3D animation effects, and visualization software, teaching you what you need to become quickly productive.
- Covers Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 fundamentals, so you become quickly productive with the software
- Uses straightforward explanations and real-world, hands-on exercises and tutorials to teach the software’s core features and functions
- Helps you develop the skills you’ll need throughout an animation production pipeline, whether you’re a beginner or a more experienced user brushing up on the basics
- Uses a task-based approach and covers topics such as polygon modeling, materials and mapping, lighting, using mental ray, HDRI images, and more
- This book is an Autodesk Official Training Guide
Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 Essentials: Get a jump-start on Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 essentials-with the Essentials!
If you want to get quickly up to speed on 3ds Max, Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 Essentials is the place to start.
By following the book’s clear explanations, practical tutorials, and step-by-step exercises, you’ll cover all the bases. Topics include modeling, animation, rendering, rigging, compositing, and much more. Whether you’re an aspiring 3D designer or a professional brushing up on the basics, here is the essential grounding you need in 3ds Max 2012.
From the Back Cover
Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 Essentials: Learn Autodesk 3ds Max Quickly and Easily
This Autodesk Official Training Guide thoroughly covers the fundamentals of Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 and teaches you everything you need to become quickly productive with the software. By creating a chest of drawers, a bouncing ball, an action character, and other exercises, you’ll learn the essentials of modeling, animating, texturing, and much more. Whether you’re new to 3D or just brushing up on the basics, this is the fast and thorough grounding you need in 3ds Max.
Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 Essentials – Learn these Autodesk 3ds Max essentials and more:
- Primitives, polygons, and primary modeling
- Animating objects, both simple and complex
- The basics of organic and character modeling
- Adding color, glow, texture, and other materials
- Bringing characters to life with Character Studio
- Basic lighting concepts and using 3ds Max lights
- Completing your projects with the right rendering
- Understanding mental ray and HDRI
Practice polygonal modeling
Learn to apply UV maps
This striking Essentials book features:
- Chapter-opening learning objectives
- Step-by-step tutorials
- Four-color screenshots and illustrations
- Essentials and Beyond-summaries and additional suggested exercises
- Downloadable exercise files
About the Author
Randi L. Derakhshani teaches 3D animation at The Art Institute of California and has worked as a digital artist and technical director for games and movie projects with Gizmo Games, RJB Enterprises, and Sony.
Dariush Derakhshani is an award-winning visual effects supervisor, author, and educator. He has worked on movies such as The Fantastic Four and Pan’s Labyrinth, the South Park TV series, and numerous commercials and music videos. He teaches 3D animation and is the author of all of WOW! eBook’s Introducing Maya books. Dariush and Randi are coauthors of all of WOW! eBook’s Introducing 3ds Max books.
[download id=”550″ format=”1″]