Beginning iOS 5 Application Development
- Paperback: 656 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (January 24, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118144252
- ISBN-13: 978-1118144251
Beginning iOS 5 Application Development
If you want to develop apps for Apple’s iPhone and iPad, first you need to know how to use the tools-iPhone’s new iOS 5 operating system and SDK, and the new xCode toolset that come with it. This full-color book is the perfect starting point. Beginning developers, you’ll get a solid introduction to the new xCode 4 and Objective-C and find everything you need to quickly build your first app. The book thoroughly covers all the new iOS 5 features, including new multitasking, location-based services, notification system, cloud-based features, and much more.
- Written by bestselling WOW! eBook author, Wei-Meng Lee, this is an ideal book for beginning developers
- Helps eager developers quickly start building apps for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- Introduces iOS 5, xCode 4, Objective-C, and the basics you need to create your first Apple device app
- Covers a host of new iOS 5 capabilities, including new multitasking, new location-based services, and a new notification system
- Shows you how to work with iOS 5’s cloud-based features for online storage of music, photos, and video
Beginning iOS 5 Application Development: The ideal starting point for iPhone and iPad app development with iOS 5
Full-color and full of information, Beginning iOS 5 Application Development is the ultimate guide for beginning Apple developers.
From the Back Cover
Beginning iOS 5 Application Development: Get a jumpstart on developing apps for iOS 5!
Ideal for beginning developers who are eager to create native applications for Apple’s mobile devices, this full-color guide walks you through the core building blocks of iPhone and iPad application development, including new features such as iCloud Programming, Twitter integration, importing and exporting documents from within your iOS applications, the new Xcode® 4, multitasking features, location-based services, the notification system, and more. You’ll quickly discover that this book is replete with everything you need in order to confidently build your first iPhone or iPad application.
Beginning iOS 5 Application Development:
- Establishes a strong foundation for getting started with iOS 5 programming
- Walks you through responding to and handling device rotations as well as the different types of screen orientations
- Shows how to use the various application templates: Tabbed, Master-Detail, Single View, and Utility
- Explores techniques for using the table view in a Master-Detail application
- Shares advice for file handling and database storage
- Covers ways to access the various sensors and recognize a variety of gestures
- Shows how to build Location-Based Services applications using Google Maps, reverse geocoding, adding annotations, and more
WOW! eBook Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
About the Author
Wei-Meng Lee is the founder of Developer Learning Solutions (www.learn2develop.net), a technology company specializing in hands-on training in the latest Microsoft and Apple technologies. He writes extensively for online publications and magazines on topics such as iPhone and Mac OS X development and is the author of Beginning iOS 4 Application Development and Beginning Android Application Development.
[download id=”796″ format=”3″]
[download id=”797″ format=”4″]