- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (February 1, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118159004
- ISBN-13: 978-1118159002
Beginning to intermediate web developers who want to apply their existing HTML/CSS/JS/Ajax skills to the wildly popular iPhone/iPad OS will love this book. In the highly successful WOW! eBook Beginning format, it enables developers who know these core technologies to use what they already know and get up to speed quickly. It introduces iOS development with web technologies, explains how to enable and optimize web sites for the iPhone and iPad, explores user interface design, then moves into animation, special effects, building with web frameworks, and much more.
- Explains how to enable and optimize web sites for the mobile screen, design an effective iPad and iPhone UI, and apply CSS
- Covers building in interactivity, animation, and special effects, programming the canvas, offline, apps, bandwidth performance and optimization, and web frameworks
- Shows you how to package your app inside a native iOS wrapper (no programming required) so you can submit your apps to the App Store
Web developers with HTML/JS skills will quickly learn to apply them to the iPhone/iPad platform
From the Back Cover
- Zeroes in on handling touch interactions, detecting an orientation change, and changing a style sheet when orientation changes
- Explores animation, special effects, gradients, shadows and reflections, masks, and more
- Demonstrates how to interact with native iPhone services
- Addresses programming the canvas, building with web app frameworks, handling bandwidth and performance optimizations, and debugging and deploying
- Shows how you can use PhoneGap to create a native iOS app
- Highlights comparing the strengths of web apps and native apps
WOW! eBook Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
About the Author
Richard Wagner is Lead Product Architect of Mobile/Web at Maark, LLC. He is an experienced web designer and developer and the author of several web-related books on the underlying technologies of the iPhone application platform.