Building Low-Code Applications with Mendix
- Paperback: 332 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 9, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800201427
- ISBN-13: 978-1800201422
Building Low-Code Applications with Mendix: Join the low-code revolution and leverage the power of Mendix to develop software solutions using business logic, needs, and requirements
Low-code is a visual approach to application development. It enables developers of varying experience levels to create web and mobile applications using drag-and-drop components and model-driven logic through a graphic user interface. Mendix is among the fastest-growing platforms that enable low-code enthusiasts to put their software ideas into practice without having to write much code, and Building Low-Code Applications with Mendix will help you get up and running with the process using examples and practice projects.
The book starts with an introduction to Mendix and its elements, along with the reasons for using this platform and the tools needed for creating your first application. As you progress, you’ll explore Mendix Modeler, the visual environment that will help you get to grips with Mendix app creation. Once you have your working application ready, you will learn how to enhance your application with custom business logic and rules. Throughout the chapters, you’ll find out how to defend your apps against bad data, troubleshoot and debug your app, and finally, connect your app with real-world business platforms. The book is filled with walkthrough examples, real-world scenarios, and explanations of the tools needed to help you build low-code apps successfully.
- Gain a clear understanding of what low-code development is and what drives this revolution
- Become familiar with the various elements of Mendix for rapid application development
- Discover concrete use cases of Studio Pro
- Build a fully functioning web and mobile app that meets your business requirements
- Get to grips with Mendix fundamentals to prepare for the Mendix certification exam
- Understand the key concepts of app development such as data management, APIs, troubleshooting, and debugging
By the end of this Building Low-Code Applications with Mendix book, you will have understood the concept of low-code development, learned how to use Mendix effectively, and developed a working app.