C# 11 and .NET 7 – Modern Cross-Platform Development Fundamentals – Seventh Edition
- Paperback: 818 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 7th edition (November 8, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803237805
- ISBN-13: 978-1803237800
C# 11 and .NET 7 – Modern Cross-Platform Development Fundamentals, 7th Edition: An accessible guide for beginner-to-intermediate programmers to concepts, real-world applications, and latest features of C# 11 and .NET 7, with hands-on exercises using Visual Studio 2022 and Visual Studio Code
Extensively revised to accommodate the latest features that come with C# 11 and .NET 7, this latest C# 11 and .NET 7 – Modern Cross-Platform Development Fundamentals, Seventh Edition of our guide will get you coding in C# with confidence.
You’ll learn object-oriented programming, writing, testing, and debugging functions, implementing interfaces, and inheriting classes. Next, you’ll take on .NET APIs for performing tasks like managing and querying data, working with the filesystem, and serialization. As you progress, you’ll also explore examples of cross-platform projects you can build and deploy, such as websites and services using ASP.NET Core.
Instead of distracting you with unnecessary graphical user interface code, the first eleven chapters will teach you about C# language constructs and many of the .NET libraries through simple console applications. In later chapters, having mastered the basics, you’ll then build websites, web services, and browser apps using ASP.NET Core, the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern, and Blazor.
- Build rich web experiences using Blazor, Razor Pages, the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern, and other features of ASP.NET Core
- Build your own types with object-oriented programming
- Write, test, and debug functions
- Query and manipulate data using LINQ
- Integrate and update databases in your apps using Entity Framework Core models
- Build and consume powerful services using the latest technologies, including Web API and Minimal API
For .NET 6 developers:
- C# 11 can be used with .NET 6, including features like raw string literals
- EF Core 7 targets .NET 6, so you can benefit from its new features like ExecuteUpdate and ExecuteDelete for more efficient data modifications
C# 11 and .NET 7 – Modern Cross-Platform Development Fundamentals, 7th Edition will give you a solid foundation to start building apps and services with confidence. By the end of this book, you’ll be able to create rich web experiences and have a solid grasp of object-oriented programming that you can build upon.