Cloud Computing WOW! eBook
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (November 16, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470484705
- ISBN-13: 978-0470484708
The easy way to understand and implement cloud computing technology written by a team of experts
Cloud computing can be difficult to understand at first, but the cost-saving possibilities are great and many companies are getting on board. If you’ve been put in charge of implementing cloud computing, this straightforward, plain-English guide clears up the confusion and helps you get your plan in place.
You’ll learn how cloud computing enables you to run a more green IT infrastructure, and access technology-enabled services from the Internet (“in the cloud”) without having to understand, manage, or invest in the technology infrastructure that supports them. You’ll also find out what you need to consider when implementing a plan, how to handle security issues, and more.
- Cloud computing is a way for businesses to take advantage of storage and virtual services through the Internet, saving money on infrastructure and support
- This book provides a clear definition of cloud computing from the utility computing standpoint and also addresses security concerns
- Offers practical guidance on delivering and managing cloud computing services effectively and efficiently
- Presents a proactive and pragmatic approach to implementing cloud computing in any organization
- Helps IT managers and staff understand the benefits and challenges of cloud computing, how to select a service, and what’s involved in getting it up and running
- Highly experienced author team consults and gives presentations on emerging technologies
Cloud Computing WOW! eBook gets straight to the point, providing the practical information you need to know.
From the Back Cover
Cloud Computing WOW! eBook: Get your head into the clouds learn what cloud computing is and how to use it
There’s a lot more to cloud computing than you may realize. This book takes you through the options, what they can do for your company, how to choose the best approach for your business, and how to build a strategy. You’ll learn about managing and securing cloud services and get down-to-earth advice about planning your move to the cloud.
- Get hold of the cloud – discover how the cloud differs from traditional hardware/software-based resources
- Techie nitty gritty – explore the technical foundation and evolution of the cloud
- Show me the money – analyze how much a cloud data center can save your company in power, labor, property, and other expenses
- The cloud tour – examine the elements of the cloud and service options for infrastructure, platform, and software
- Who’s in charge here? – learn about cloud management and how governance is defined inside the cloud
- Risk and reward – recognize the assorted risks and how to determine acceptable risk levels
- Cloud security – understand how to plan for a secure and compliant cloud environment
- Plan for the plunge – create a detailed plan for implementation
Open the book and find:
- The characteristics of the cloud
- Important security issues and how to handle them
- Cloud standards and best practices
- Efficiencies of the cloud
- Questions to ask a potential cloud vendor
- Groups that clarify, promote, and maintain standards
- How the cloud relates to SOA
- How cloud users benefit from elasticity and scalability
Judith Hurwitz (President & CEO), Robin Bloor (Partner & Senior Consultant), Marcia Kaufman (Partner & COO), and Fern Halper (Partner & Senior Data Management Strategist) are executives at Hurwitz & Associates, strategy consultants specializing in cloud computing, information and service management, and SOA. The team works with industry leaders on strategy and planning. They are the authors of Service Management WOW! eBook and Service Oriented Architecture WOW! eBook.
[download id=”229″ format=”1″]