Cocoa (Developer Reference)
- Paperback: 624 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (October 12, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470495898
- ISBN-13: 978-0470495896
Cocoa (Developer Reference)
Make a clean transition to programming in Apple environments using the elegant and dynamic programming API Cocoa and this practical guide. Written by aseasoned Mac expert, this book shows you how to write programs in Cocoa for the rapidly expanding world of Macintosh users.
- Cocoa is a programming framework for developing in Apple environments, including Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- This book covers all the major information you need to start developing dynamic applications for Mac OS X
- Master all Cocoa tools, including Xcode and working with Objective-C
- Includes full coverage of the Cocoa API, Xcode, and Objective-C, as well as programming for Apple’s latest OS X, Snow Leopard
- Companion Web site includes all code files
Develop applications for Mac OS X with this Developer Reference guide
Programming for Apple’s Macintosh is a growing career field. This essential guide, one of the most comprehensive on Cocoa, will help you quickly become productive.
Part of the Developer Reference series, this book prepares you for a productive programming experience on today’s fastest-growing platform.
From the Back Cover
Cocoa (Developer Reference): Learn Cocoa – for fun and for business
Cocoa is the programming environment for Apple development, and this information-packed developer’s guide is your key to the Cocoa libraries and the Apple developer tools. Written for developers by an experienced Mac expert and iPhone developer, this book shows you how to learn and use Xcode and Objective-C, design user interfaces, optimize your code, manage data, create animations and special effects, and package apps for the App Store.
- Master and understand the Xcode SDK, Objective-C, and the Cocoa API
- Create, use, profile, and debug custom objects and subclasses
- Design user interfaces with Interface Builder
- Streamline your code with design patterns such as Model-View-Controller (MVC)
- Work with text, PDFs, Web data, and Apple’s Core Data API
- Create simple and advanced animation effects with Core Animation and Core Image
- Learn to develop apps for Mac OS X and Apple devices
Access the latest information on Apple development
Visit www.wileydevreference.com for the latest on tools and techniques for Apple development, and download source code for the projects in this book.
About the Author
Richard Wentk is a developer with more than fifteen years of experience in publishing, and is one of the UK’s most reliable technology writers. He covers Apple products and developments for MacWorld and MacFormat magazines, and also writes about technology and business strategy for publications such as Computer Arts and BBC Focus.
[download id=”417″ format=”1″]