Dart Apprentice: Beyond the Basics
- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 8, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1950325784
- ISBN-13: 978-1950325788
Dart Apprentice: Beyond the Basics: Object-Oriented Programming, Concurrency & More: Learn Intermediate-Level Dart!
Dart is the language you use to write cross-platform applications in Flutter. You’re not limited to Flutter, though. You can also use Dart to write command-line and backend server applications. The official documentation is great, but it doesn’t go into the depth or provide all the examples that a book can.
Dart Apprentice: Beyond the Basics is here to help by building on your foundational knowledge of the language as you grow to become a fully proficient Dart developer.
Dart Apprentice: Beyond the Basics is for developers who already know the fundamental concepts of programming in Dart but want to take their skills to the next level.
Topics Covered in Dart Apprentice: Beyond the Basics:
- String Manipulation: Searching and changing text with regular expressions.
- Anonymous Functions: Passing functions around as first-class citizens.
- Object-Oriented Programming: Using inheritance, abstract classes and interfaces.
- Mixins: Sharing code between classes.
- Extension Methods: Adding features to classes that don’t belong to you.
- Generics: Making your classes and functions handle multiple types.
- Enhanced Enums: Letting your enums act more like classes.
- Error Handling: Planning for what might go wrong.
- Asynchronous Programming: Using futures and streams to handle long-running tasks.
- Isolates: Running code in parallel.
One thing you can count on: After reading this book, you’ll be prepared to learn Flutter or server-side app development in Dart.