- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 15, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1617298999
- ISBN-13: 978-1617298998
Data Privacy: A runbook for engineers: Engineer privacy into your systems with these hands-on techniques for data governance, legal compliance, and surviving security audits.
Data Privacy teaches you to design, develop, and measure the effectiveness of privacy programs. You’ll learn from author Nishant Bhajaria, an industry-renowned expert who has overseen privacy at Google, Netflix, and Uber. The terminology and legal requirements of privacy are all explained in clear, jargon-free language. The book’s constant awareness of business requirements will help you balance trade-offs, and ensure your user’s privacy can be improved without spiraling time and resource costs.
Data privacy is essential for any business. Data breaches, vague policies, and poor communication all erode a user’s trust in your applications. You may also face substantial legal consequences for failing to protect user data. Fortunately, there are clear practices and guidelines to keep your data secure and your users happy.
In Data Privacy you will learn how to:
- Classify data based on privacy risk
- Build technical tools to catalog and discover data in your systems
- Share data with technical privacy controls to measure reidentification risk
- Implement technical privacy architectures to delete data
- Set up technical capabilities for data export to meet legal requirements like Data Subject Asset Requests (DSAR)
- Establish a technical privacy review process to help accelerate the legal Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)
- Design a Consent Management Platform (CMP) to capture user consent
- Implement security tooling to help optimize privacy
- Build a holistic program that will get support and funding from the C-Level and board
Data Privacy: A runbook for engineers teaches you how to navigate the trade-offs between strict data security and real world business needs. In this practical book, you’ll learn how to design and implement privacy programs that are easy to scale and automate. There’s no bureaucratic process just workable solutions and smart repurposing of existing security tools to help set and achieve your privacy goals.