Digital Forensics with Kali Linux, Third Edition
- Paperback: 414 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (April 14, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1837635153
- ISBN-13: 978-1837635153
Digital Forensics with Kali Linux, 3rd Edition: Explore various digital forensics methodologies and frameworks and manage your cyber incidents effectively
Kali Linux is a Linux-based distribution that’s widely used for penetration testing and digital forensics. This Digital Forensics with Kali Linux, Third Edition is updated with real-world examples and detailed labs to help you take your investigation skills to the next level using powerful tools.
This new edition will help you explore modern techniques for analysis, extraction, and reporting using advanced tools such as FTK Imager, Hex Editor, and Axiom. You’ll cover the basics and advanced areas of digital forensics within the world of modern forensics while delving into the domain of operating systems. As you advance through the chapters, you’ll explore various formats for file storage, including secret hiding places unseen by the end user or even the operating system. You’ll also discover how to install Windows Emulator, Autopsy 4 in Kali, and how to use Nmap and NetDiscover to find device types and hosts on a network, along with creating forensic images of data and maintaining integrity using hashing tools. Finally, you’ll cover advanced topics such as autopsies and acquiring investigation data from networks, memory, and operating systems.
- Install Kali Linux on Raspberry Pi 4 and various other platforms
- Run Windows applications in Kali Linux using Windows Emulator as Wine
- Recognize the importance of RAM, file systems, data, and cache in DFIR
- Perform file recovery, data carving, and extraction using Magic Rescue
- Get to grips with the latest Volatility 3 framework and analyze the memory dump
- Explore the various ransomware types and discover artifacts for DFIR investigation
- Perform full DFIR automated analysis with Autopsy 4
- Become familiar with network forensic analysis tools (NFATs)
By the end of this Digital Forensics with Kali Linux, 3rd Edition book, you’ll have gained hands-on experience in implementing all the pillars of digital forensics: acquisition, extraction, analysis, and presentation all using Kali Linux’s cutting-edge tools.
Exclusive Offer! Order Versatile Gardening Twist Ties Plant Binding Wire Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Offer Expires Soon.