Eleventy by Example
- Paperback: 198 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 5, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804610496
- ISBN-13: 978-1804610497
Eleventy by Example: Build faster static sites by leveraging CDN and creating custom tools and workflows with 5 real-world projects
11ty is the dark horse of the Jamstack world, offering unparalleled flexibility and performance that gives it an edge against other static site generators such as Jekyll and Hugo. With it, developers can leverage the complete Node ecosystem and create blazing-fast, static-first websites that can be deployed from a content delivery network or a simple server. This book will teach you how to set up, customize, and make the most of 11ty in no time.
Eleventy by Example helps you uncover everything you need to create your first 11ty website before diving into making more complex sites and extending 11ty’s base functionality with custom short codes, plugins, and content types. Over the course of 5 interactive projects, you’ll learn how to build basic websites, blogs, media sites, and static sites that will respond to user input without the need for a server. With these, you’ll learn basic 11ty skills such as templates, collections, and data use, along with advanced skills such as plugin creation, image manipulation, working with a headless CMS, and the use of the powerful 11ty Serverless plugin.
- Create a basic website with reusable templates and globally available data
- Build a blog using 11ty’s collections
- Set up a photography site that uses the 11ty Image plugin to deploy properly sized images
- Connect a content management system to provide an enhanced editor and developer experience
- Model an enhanced search experience with no dedicated server through serverless functions and 11ty Serverless
- Boost productivity by creating custom 11ty tools and plugins
By the end of this Eleventy by Example book, you’ll be well-equipped to leverage the capabilities of 11ty by implementing best practices and reusable techniques that can be applied across multiple projects, reducing the website launch time.