Expert Python Programming – Third Edition
- Paperback: 646 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 30, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789808898
- ISBN-13: 978-1789808896
Expert Python Programming, 3rd Edition: Refine your Python programming skills and build professional grade applications with this comprehensive guide
Python is a dynamic programming language that’s used in a wide range of domains thanks to its simple yet powerful nature. Although writing Python code is easy, making it readable, reusable, and easy to maintain is challenging. Complete with best practices, useful tools, and standards implemented by professional Python developers, the Expert Python Programming, Third Edition will help you overcome this challenge.
The book will start by taking you through the new features in Python 3.7. You’ll then learn the advanced components of Python syntax, in addition to understanding how to apply concepts of various programming paradigms, including object-oriented programming, functional programming, and event-driven programming. This book will also guide you through learning the best naming practices, writing your own distributable Python packages, and getting up to speed with automated ways of deploying your software on remote servers. You’ll discover how to create useful Python extensions with C, C++, Cython, and CFFI. Furthermore, studying about code management tools, writing clear documentation, and exploring test-driven development will help you write clean code.
- Explore modern ways of setting up repeatable and consistent development environments
- Package Python code effectively for community and production use
- Learn modern syntax elements of Python programming such as f-strings, enums, and lambda functions
- Demystify metaprogramming in Python with metaclasses
- Write concurrent code in Python
- Extend Python with code written in different languages
- Integrate Python with code written in different languages
By the end of the book, you will have become an expert in writing efficient and maintainable Python code.