- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 28, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801810699
- ISBN-13: 978-1801810692
Exploring Deepfakes: Master the innovative world of deepfakes and generative AI for face replacement with this full-color guide
Applying Deepfakes will allow you to tackle a wide range of scenarios creatively.
Learning from experienced authors will help you to intuitively understand what is going on inside the model. You’ll learn what deepfakes are and what makes them different from other machine learning techniques, and understand the entire process from beginning to end, from finding faces to preparing them, training the model, and performing the final swap.
We’ll discuss various uses for face replacement before we begin building our own pipeline. Spending some extra time thinking about how you collect your input data can make a huge difference to the quality of the final video. We look at the importance of this data and guide you with simple concepts to understand what your data needs to really be successful.
No discussion of deepfakes can avoid discussing the controversial, unethical uses for which the technology initially became known. We’ll go over some potential issues, and talk about the value that deepfakes can bring to a variety of educational and artistic use cases, from video game avatars to filmmaking.
- Gain a clear understanding of deepfakes and their creation
- Understand the risks of deepfakes and how to mitigate them
- Collect efficient data to create successful deepfakes
- Get familiar with the deepfakes workflow and its steps
- Explore the application of deepfakes methods to your own generative needs
- Improve results by augmenting data and avoiding overtraining
- Examine the future of deepfakes and other generative AIs
- Use generative AIs to increase video content resolution
By the end of the Exploring Deepfakes book, you’ll understand what deepfakes are, how they work at a fundamental level, and how to apply those techniques to your own needs.