Flash Facebook Cookbook
- Paperback: 388 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 25, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849690723
- ISBN-13: 978-1849690720
Over 60 recipes for integrating the Flash applications with the Graph API and Facebook
- Work with the key Graph API objects and their social connections, using the Facebook ActionScript 3 SDK.
- Create new Checkins at Facebook Places and plot existing Checkins and Facebook Places on Flex mapping components.
- Upload image files or generated images to Facebook.
- Packed full of solutions using a recipe-based approach.
Flash applications are popular and becoming increasingly social. With flash applications for facebook you can tap into a potential audience of half a billion existing users, their connections and affiliations, their uploaded images, posts, comments and more.
The Flash Facebook Cookbook is packed with recipes for the Graph API and FQL, used for reading and writing data as well as interacting with Facebook anonymously or on behalf of an authorised Facebook User.
The topics covered by the recipes in this Cookbook include working with News feeds, uploading Photos, searching for and plotting Places on a map and much more. The cookbook has recipes ranging from those that work without any authentication with Facebook to those that do, and act on behalf of a user. Packed with recipes that yield practical demonstrations of the Graph API functionality, the Flash Facebook Cookbook is an essential tool for Flash Platform developers.
What you will learn from this book :
- Plot user Checkins on a map component, and publish new Checkins on behalf of a user.
- Authenticate with Facebook on behalf of a user.
- Manage and request additional data read or publishing permissions from Facebook.
- Use the search capabilities of the Graph API to retrieve specific information.
- Request specific information from Facebook using SQL-like FQL queries.
- Retrieve and create cross-links between different objects in the Graph API.
- Create new Events, invite users and retrieve and modify RSVP information for authenticated users.
- Integration with Facebook and AJAX sharing dialogs.
Written in a cookbook style, this book offers solutions using a recipe-based approach. Each recipe contains step-by-step instructions followed by an analysis of what was done in each task and other useful information.
Who this book is written for
This Cookbook is targeted towards those with at least a basic understanding of the Flash Builder IDE and the Flex framework. No prior knowledge of the Facebook APIs is assumed or required. If you want to start building Flash Facebook apps quickly and effectively this is the book for you.
[download id=”316″ format=”1″]