Flask Framework Cookbook – Second Edition
- Paperback: 302 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 17, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789951291
- ISBN-13: 978-1789951295
Flask Framework Cookbook, 2nd Edition: Build state-of-the-art web applications quickly and efficiently using Flask and related technologies with Python 3
Flask, the lightweight Python web framework, is popular thanks to its powerful modular design that lets you build scalable web apps. With this recipe-based guide, you’ll explore modern solutions and best practices for Flask web development.
Updated to the latest version of Flask and Python 3, this Flask Framework Cookbook, Second Edition moves away from some of the old and obsolete libraries and introduces new recipes on cutting-edge technologies. You’ll discover different ways of using Flask to create, deploy, and manage microservices. This Flask Python book starts by covering the different configurations that a Flask application can make use of, and then helps you work with templates and learn about the ORM and view layers. You’ll also be able to write an admin interface and get to grips with debugging and logging errors. Finally, you’ll learn a variety of deployment and post-deployment techniques for platforms such as Apache, Tornado, and Heroku.
- Explore web application development in Flask, right from installation to post-deployment stages
- Make use of advanced templating and data modeling techniques
- Discover effective debugging, logging, and error handling techniques in Flask
- Integrate Flask with different technologies such as Redis, Sentry, and MongoDB
- Deploy and package Flask applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- Design scalable microservice architecture using AWS Lambda continuous integration and continuous deployment
By the end of this book, you’ll have gained all the knowledge you need to confidently write Flask applications and scale them using standard industry practices.