Go Fundamentals: Gopher Guides
- Paperback: 576 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 27, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0137918305
- ISBN-13: 978-0137918300
Go Fundamentals: Gopher Guides: Start Writing Production-Ready Go Code Fast
Thousands of developers and teams want to start taking advantage of Go, the powerful language used in projects ranging from Kubernetes to Docker and Vault. Go Fundamentals: Gopher Guides is specifically designed to get you up-to-speed fast, to leverage your existing knowledge of other languages, and to help you avoid common mistakes made by Go newcomers.
Based on author Mark Bates’s and Cory LaNou’s pioneering Gopher Guides training curricula, this guide will allow you to quickly understand and use Go syntax, core features, and idioms. Reflecting Go through version 1.18-which includes Go’s exciting new support for generics-this guide prepares you to write robust, reliable, well-performing production code right from the outset.
- Learn how Go manages packages, modules, and dependencies
- Apply Go basics, such as variable declaration, types, and control flow
- Work effectively with collection types, iteration, functions, structs, and pointers
- Understand Go Slices and use them properly
- Write idiomatic Go, using principles such as embedding and composition
- Expertly use concurrency to improve code performance
- Create proper tests to quickly identify and fix problems
- Write simpler, better code with generics and interfaces
- Take advantage of channels, context, sync primatives, and other advanced features
Go is lightweight, simple, and perfect for modern cloud-native and microservices development, which is why Go developers are in such high demand. With this guide and six months’ experience with any modern programming language, you’ll have what you need to leap into Go programming.