HTML, XHTML & CSS All-In-One WOW! eBook, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 1080 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (November 16, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470537558
- ISBN-13: 978-0470537558
A complete and fully updated reference for these key Web technologies
HTML, XHTML, and CSS are essential tools for creating dynamic Web sites. This friendly, all-in-one guide covers what programmers need to know about each of the technologies and how to use them together.
Like the bestselling first edition, HTML, XHTML, and CSS All-in-One WOW! eBook, 2nd Edition makes it easy to grasp the fundamentals and start building effective Web pages. With new information about Web 2.0 and Ajax, it’s the perfect reference as well.
- HTML, XHTML, and CSS are the key technologies for building dynamic Web pages
- This friendly, all-in-one guide explains each technology, shows how to use them together, and examines quality Web design and layout
- Covers new Web development advancements including new technologies and changes to the standards
- Includes a CD with additional valuable Web development programs and a companion Web site featuring the code used in the book
Web programmers and designers will find what they most need to know in HTML, XHTML, and CSS All-in-One WOW! eBook, 2nd Edition, helping them create the type of Web sites that today’s market demands.
From the Back Cover
You too can become a Web wizard! Here’s how to go from simple pages to super sites
Contemplating your first dip into Web page creation, or ready to take your sites to the next level? All you need are these eight minibooks. Newbies can start at the beginning for a complete understanding of basic page creation with HTML5, XHTML, and CSS. If you’ve been there and done that, jump ahead to managing data with MySQL, building AJAX connections, and more!
- Lay the foundation – build the skeleton of your pages with XHTML, use CSS to add color and formatting, and create dynamic buttons or menus
- Serve it up – move to the server and use PHP to program responses to Web requests or connect to databases
- Manage data – set up a secure data server and create a reliable and trustworthy data back-end for your site
- Explore AJAX – learn the essentials of AJAX, how to add events and animation, and cool ways to use the UI library
- Create super sites – understand clients and servers, work with content management systems, and more
Open the book and find:
- The basics of building XHTML documents
- What to do with selectors, classes, and styles
- How to build flexible layouts
- Tips on using HTML5
- Secrets of managing files and directories
- All about SQL coding
- AJAX essentials and how to add events with jQuery
- The advantages of a Content Management System
8 books in
- Creating the HTML/XHTML Foundation
- Styling with CSS
- Using Positional CSS
- Server-Side Programming with PHP
- Managing Data with MySQL
- Into the Future with AJAX
- Moving from Pages to Sites
Andy Harris taught himself programming because it was fun. Today he teaches computer science, game development, and Web programming at the university level; is a technology consultant for the state of Indiana; and has helped people with disabilities to form their own Web development companies.
[download id=”329″ format=”1″]