IBM WebSphere Application Server v7.0 Security
- Paperback: 312 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 23, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849681481
- ISBN-13: 978-1849681483
Secure your IBM WebSphere applications with Java EE and JAAS security standards using IBM WebSphere Application Server v7.0 Security
- Discover the salient and new security features offered by WebSphere Application Server version 7.0 to create secure installations
- Explore and learn how to secure Application Servers, Java Applications, and EJB Applications along with setting up user authentication and authorization
- With the help of extensive hands-on exercises and mini-projects, explore the various aspects needed to produce secure IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment v7.0 infrastructures
- A practical reference with ready-to-implement best practices and tricks for configuring, hardening, tuning, and troubleshooting secure IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment v7.0 environments
IBM WebSphere Application Server v7.0 Security
In these days of high-profile hacking, server security is no less important than securing your application or network. In addition many companies must comply with government security regulations. No matter how secure your application is, your business is still at risk if your server is vulnerable. Here is how you solve your WebSphere server security worries in the best possible way.
This tutorial is focused towards ways in which you can avoid security loop holes. You will learn to solve issues that can cause bother when getting started with securing your IBM WebSphere Application Server v7.0 installation. Moreover, the author has documented details in an easy-to-read format, by providing engaging hands-on exercises and mini-projects.
The book starts with an in-depth analysis of the global and administrative security features of WebSphere Application Server v7.0, followed by comprehensive coverage of user registries for user authentication and authorization information. Moving on you will build on the concepts introduced and get hands-on with a mini project. From the next chapter you work with the different front-end architectures of WAS along with the Secure Socket Layer protocol, which offer transport layer security through data encryption.
You learn user authentication and data encryption, which demonstrate how a clear text channel can be made safer by using SSL transport to encrypt its data. The book will show you how to enable an enterprise application hosted in a WebSphere Application Server environment to interact with other applications, resources, and services available in a corporate infrastructure. Platform hardening, tuning parameters for tightening security, and troubleshooting are some of the aspects of WebSphere Application Server v7.0 security that are explored in the book. Every chapter builds strong security foundations, by demonstrating concepts and practicing them through the use of dynamic, web-based mini-projects.
A practical approach to implementing secure Java EE Server infrastructures using WebSphere.
What you will learn from this book :
- Create security domains using the wsadmin scripting tool
- Get hands-on experience working with a mini-project to protect a Java EE Application Server
- Secure your frontend with Secure Socket Layer Protocol and IBM HTTP Server
- Get to grips with user authentication and authorization by building a multi-module Enterprise Web Application; packaging, deploying, and testing it
- Work around to secure an EJB application by building on the existing mini-project
- Configure authentication and resource access (authorization) using user registry groups and application-defined roles
- Configure WebSphere Application Server v7.0 for SSO and LTPA and work across remote servers
- Explore the powerful concepts of data encryption and SSL certificates practically
- Practice platform hardening with respect to the Operating System, File System, and network configuration
With this book you will explore WebSphere Application Server security concepts, which you can expand upon while working on mini-projects. With the author’s style of writing you will gain the knowledge and confidence needed to implement WebSphere Application Servers securely. Right from the basics of securing your WebSphere Application Server to advanced security features, the author utilizes exercises, screenshots, and clear instructions.
Who this book is written for
If you are a system administrator or an IT professional who wants to learn about the security side of the IBM WebSphere Application Server v7.0, this book will walk you through the key aspects of security and show you how to implement them. You do not need any previous experience in WebSphere Application Server, but some understanding of Java EE technologies will be helpful. In addition, Java EE application developers and architects who want to understand how the security of a WebSphere environment affects Java EE enterprise applications will find this book useful.
[download id=”429″ format=”1″]