Implementing Event-Driven Microservices Architecture in .NET 7
- Paperback: 326 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 17, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803232781
- ISBN-13: 978-1803232782
Implementing Event-Driven Microservices Architecture in .NET 7: Implement modern design patterns that leverage domain-driven data, to achieve resiliency and scalability for data-dependent applications
This Implementing Event-Driven Microservices Architecture in .NET 7 book will guide you through various hands-on practical examples for implementing event-driven microservices architecture using C# 11 and .NET 7. It has been divided into three distinct sections, each focusing on different aspects of this implementation.
The first section will cover the new features of .NET 7 that will make developing applications using EDA patterns easier, the sample application that will be used throughout the book, and how the core tenets of domain-driven design (DDD) are implemented in .NET 7.
The second section will review the various components of a local environment setup, the containerization of code, testing, deployment, and the observability of microservices using an EDA approach.
The third section will guide you through the need for scalability and service resilience within the application, along with implementation details related to elastic and autoscale components. You’ll also cover how proper telemetry helps to automatically drive scaling events. In addition, the topic of observability is revisited using examples of service discovery and microservice inventories.
- Explore .NET 7 and how it enables the development of applications using EDA
- Understand messaging protocols and producer/consumer patterns and how to implement them in .NET 7
- Test and deploy applications written in .NET 7 and designed using EDA principles
- Account for scaling and resiliency in microservices
- Collect and learn from telemetry at the platform and application level
- Get to grips with the testing and deployment of microservices
By the end of this Implementing Event-Driven Microservices Architecture in .NET 7 book, you’ll be able to identify and catalog domains, events, and bounded contexts to be used for the design and development of a resilient microservices architecture.