Java EE to Jakarta EE 10 Recipes
- Paperback: 730 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (July 19, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484280784
- ISBN-13: 978-1484280782
Java EE to Jakarta EE 10 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach for Enterprise Java, 3rd Edition
Take a problem-solution approach for programming enterprise Java or Java EE applications and microservices for cloud-based solutions, enterprise database applications, and even small business web applications. Java EE to Jakarta EE 10 Recipes, 3rd Edition provides effective, practical, and proven code snippets that you can immediately use to accomplish just about any task that you may encounter. You can feel confident using the reliable solutions that are demonstrated in this book in your personal or corporate environment.
Java EE was made open source under the Eclipse Foundation, and Jakarta EE is the new name for what used to be termed the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition. This book helps you rejuvenate your Java expertise and put the platform’s latest capabilities to use for quickly developing robust applications. If you are new to Jakarta EE, this book will help you learn the features of the platform and benefit from one of the most widely used and powerful technologies available for cloud-native enterprise application development today.
Examples in this book highlight Jakarta EE’s capabilities, helping you to build streamlined and reliable applications using the latest in Java technologies. The book takes a problem-solution approach in which each section introduces a common programming problem, showing you how to solve that problem in the best possible way using the latest features in Jakarta EE. Solutions in the form of working code examples are presented that you can download and use immediately in your own projects. Clear descriptions are provided to help you understand and learn to build further on the solutions provided.
- Develop enterprise java applications using the latest open-source Jakarta EE platform
- Create great-looking user interfaces using Jakarta Servlets, Jakarta Server Pages, Jakarta Server Faces and the Eclipse Krazo framework (an implementation of Jakarta MVC)
- Build database applications using Jakarta NoSQL, Jakarta Persistence, and Jakarta Enterprise Beans.
- Develop enterprise grade applications using Context & Dependency Injection, and Jakarta RESTFul web services
- Automate testing through cohesive test suites built on Arquillian for Jakarta EE applications
- Build loosely coupled distributed applications using Jakarta Messaging
- Deploy microservices applications in cloud environments using Docker
- Secure applications utilizing the Jakarta EE Security API
This Java EE to Jakarta EE 10 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach for Enterprise Java, 3rd Edition is the ideal book for the code-focused programmer interested in keeping up with the future of enterprise development on the Java Platform.