Java Programming, 6th Edition
- Paperback: 952 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 6th edition (February 2, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1111529442
- ISBN-13: 978-1111529444
Java Programming, 6th Edition
- Uses clear language and easy-to-understand business examples for comprehensive coverage of Java and object-oriented programming techniques.
- Builds applications from the bottom up, facilitating a deeper understanding of concepts used in object-oriented programming.
- “Two Truths and a Lie” quizzes reinforce material covered in each chapter section.
- “You Do It” sections contain step-by-step exercises to illustrate concepts just learned, reinforcing the student’s understanding and promoting concept retention.
- Don’t Do It tips explain common errors made by beginners and help the student have a successful programming experience.
- Debugging Exercises help students see how others approach a problem, discover what kinds of errors might be made, and help students gain expertise in programming logic and syntax.
- “Game Zone” exercises provide appealing gaming programming experiences while reinforcing learning objectives.
- SAM Test bank available.
Java Programming, 6th Edition provides the beginning programmer with a guide to developing applications using the Java programming language. Java is popular among professional programmers because it can be used to build visually interesting GUI and Web-based applications. Java also provides an excellent environment for the beginning programmer – students can quickly build useful programs while learning the basics of structured and object-oriented programming techniques.
Java Programming, 6th Edition: New to this Edition
- NEW! An additional chapter on arrays is included. In this edition array coverage has been split into two chapters, providing a gentler introduction to this important and sometimes difficult topic, giving more options for instructors in how much to cover, and allowing additional array exercises and examples.
- NEW! The book has been updated to reflect new features in Java 7, the latest version of the programming language.
- NEW! CourseMate that includes an interactive eBook, which allows you to take notes, highlight, bookmark, search the text, and use in-context glossary definitions and interactive teaching and learning tools including: quizzes, flashcards, videos and more.
About the Author
Joyce Farrell is the author of a wide variety of programming textbooks in addition to Java Programming. Farrell is also the author of Microsoft Visual C#, Programming Logic and Design, Just Enough Programming Logic and Design, An Object-Oriented Approach to Programming Logic and Design, and Object-Oriented Programming Using C++, all of which are published by WOW! eBook. Joyce has taught Computer Information Systems full time at Harper College in Palatine, Illinois, the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, and McHenry County College in Crystal Lake, Illinois.
[download id=”341″ format=”1″]