Jetpack Compose by Tutorials, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 463 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 29, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1950325830
- ISBN-13: 978-1950325832
Jetpack Compose by Tutorials: Building Beautiful UI With Jetpack Compose, 2nd Edition: Build Beautiful Apps With Jetpack Compose: Up to date for Kotlin 1.7, Android 13, Android Studio Dolphin
Jetpack Compose is hyping up everyone in the Android UI toolkit world. This completely new and modern solution to building declarative user interfaces provides more opportunity than ever to create beautiful, reactive and animated apps.
However, because of its new status, Jetpack Compose is lacking one of the most important pieces of successful software: detailed documentation. That’s why we’ve prepared a whole book’s worth of documentation for you!
Jetpack Compose by Tutorials, 2nd Edition is here to help, by showing you exactly how Compose works, what its fundamental components are and how you can use them to build complex real-world apps!
This book is for all Android developers who have experience with the legacy UI Toolkit through XML and View components, but who are looking for a fresh, reusable, clean and easy-to-use solution to reduce their boilerplate code while building stunning user interfaces.
Topics covered in Jetpack Compose by Tutorials: Building Beautiful UI With Jetpack Compose, 2nd Edition:
- Fundamentals: Core Jetpack Compose elements and functions
- Combining components: Mixing different layouts and building beautiful interfaces
- State Management: State wrappers, LiveData observables and UI recomposition
- UI Styling: Modifiers for size, shape, colors, background, padding and alignment
- User Interaction: Different click, touch and scroll listeners and their handlers
- Animations: State changes, value animations and complex transitions
- UI Testing: Learn how to test your Jetpack Compose code
- Accessibility: Learn how to support Accessibility using Jetpack Compose
One thing you can count on: after reading this book, you’ll be prepared to tackle any design specification and build it in your Android apps using Jetpack Compose. You’ll make your apps really stand out by adding different modifiers and Material Design components, as well as animations.