Learn SOLIDWORKS 2020
- Paperback: 586 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (December 2, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789804108
- ISBN-13: 978-1789804102
Learn SOLIDWORKS 2020: Explore a practical and example-driven approach to understanding SOLIDWORKS 2020 and achieving CSWA and CSWP certification
SOLIDWORKS is the leading choice for 3D engineering and product design applications across industries such as aviation, automobiles, and consumer product design.
This book takes a practical approach to getting you up and running with SOLIDWORKS 2020. You’ll start with the basics, exploring the software interface and working with drawing files. The book then guides you through topics such as sketching, building complex 3D models, generating dynamic and static assemblies, and generating 2D engineering drawings to equip you for mechanical design projects. You’ll also do practical exercises to get hands-on with creating sketches, 3D part models, assemblies, and drawings. To reinforce your understanding of SOLIDWORKS, the book is supplemented by downloadable files that will help you follow up with the concepts and exercises found in the book.
- Understand the fundamentals of SOLIDWORKS and parametric modeling
- Create professional 2D sketches as bases for 3D models using simple and advanced modeling techniques
- Use SOLIDWORKS drawing tools to generate standard engineering drawings
- Evaluate mass properties and materials for designing parts and assemblies
- Understand the objectives and the formats of the CSWA and CSWP exams
- Discover expert tips and tricks to generate different part and assembly configurations for your mechanical designs
By the end of this Learn SOLIDWORKS 2020 book, you’ll have gained the skills you need to create professional 3D mechanical models using SOLIDWORKS, and you’ll be able to prepare effectively for the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) and Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional (CSWP) exams.