- Paperback: 504 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 25, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838642730
- ISBN-13: 978-1838642730
Learning DevOps: Simplify your DevOps roles with DevOps tools and techniques
The implementation of DevOps processes requires the efficient use of various tools, and the choice of these tools is crucial for the sustainability of projects and collaboration between development (Dev) and operations (Ops). This book presents the different patterns and tools that you can use to provision and configure an infrastructure in the cloud. You’ll begin by understanding DevOps culture, the application of DevOps in cloud infrastructure, provisioning with Terraform, configuration with Ansible, and image building with Packer. You’ll then be taken through source code versioning with Git and the construction of a DevOps CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, GitLab CI, and Azure Pipelines. This DevOps handbook will also guide you in containerizing and deploying your applications with Docker and Kubernetes. You’ll learn how to reduce deployment downtime with blue-green deployment and the feature flags technique, and study DevOps practices for open source projects. Finally, you’ll grasp some best practices for reducing the overall application lead time to ensure faster time to market.
- Become well versed with DevOps culture and its practices
- Use Terraform and Packer for cloud infrastructure provisioning
- Implement Ansible for infrastructure configuration
- Use basic Git commands and understand the Git flow process
- Build a DevOps pipeline with Jenkins, Azure Pipelines, and GitLab CI
- Containerize your applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- Check application quality with SonarQube and Postman
- Protect DevOps processes and applications using DevSecOps tools
By the end of this Learning DevOps book, you’ll have built a solid foundation in DevOps, and developed the skills necessary to enhance a traditional software delivery process using modern software delivery tools and techniques.