- Paperback: 412 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 24, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849515220
- ISBN-13: 978-1849515221
Read Learning Vaadin book or eBook to master the full range of Web Development features powered by Vaadin-built RIAs
- Discover the Vaadin framework in a progressive and structured way
- Learn about components, events, layouts, containers, and bindings
- Create outstanding new components by yourself
- Integrate with your existing frameworks and infrastructure
- Pragmatic and no-nonsense approach
Vaadin is a new Java web framework for making applications look great and perform well, making your users happy. Vaadin promises to make your user interfaces attractive and usable while easing your development efforts and boosting your productivity. With this book in hand you will be able to utilize the full range of development and deployment features offered by Vaadin while thoroughly understanding the concepts.
Learning Vaadin is a practical step-by-step tutorial to understanding, using, and mastering the art of RIA development with Vaadin. You will learn about the fundamental concepts that are the cornerstones of the framework, at the same time making progress on building your own web application. The book will also show you how to integrate Vaadin with other popular frameworks and how to run it on top of internal as well as externalized infrastructures.
This book will show you how to become a professional Vaadin developer by giving you a concrete foundation through diagrams, practical examples and ready-to-use source code. It will enable you to grasp all the notions behind Vaadin one step at a time: components, layouts, events, containers, and bindings. You will learn to build first-class web applications using best-of-breed technologies. You will find detailed information on how to integrate Vaadin’s presentation layer on top of other widespread technologies, such as Spring, CDI, and JPA. Finally, the book will show you how to deploy on different infrastructures like Liferay portlet container and Google App Engine.
An authoritative and complete step-by-step tutorial on how to create top-notch web applications with the RIA Vaadin framework.
What you will learn from this book :
- Understand the limitations of the thin-client approach and the rationale behind Vaadin
- Develop web applications with your favorite IDE
- Grasp key concepts: components, layouts, events, containers and bindings
- Easily create full-fledged web applications
- Use the Vaadin directory to add exciting features on top of Vaadin
- Extend Vaadin to create and share new components
- Integrate Vaadin on top of Spring, CDI, and JPA
- Deploy Vaadin on the Liferay portlet container and Google App Engine
This book begins with a tutorial on Vaadin 7, followed by a process of planning, analyzing, building, and deploying a fully functional RIA while covering troubleshooting details along the way, making it an invaluable resource for answers to all your Vaadin questions.
Who this book is written for
If you are a Java developer with some experience in Java web development and want to enter the world of Rich Internet Applications this technology and book are ideal for you. Learning Vaadin will be perfect as your next step towards building eye-candy dynamic web applications on a Java-based platform.
[download id=”464″ format=”1″]