Mastering Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Paperback: 1296 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 11, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780470626382
- ISBN-13: 978-0470626382
Everything IT professionals need to create collaborative solutions
SharePoint Foundation 2010 is the newest version of a powerful collaboration tool used in many Exchange-enabled organizations. This book gets network professionals and business application administrators up to speed on the updates, features, and installation procedures, preparing them to create powerful collaboration structures for their companies.
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 is the successor to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and is used with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server to enable collaboration; this guide prepares IT professionals to install and service the newest version
- Designed for administrators who are familiar with the previous version, this book doesn’t waste time with basic instruction but focuses directly on skills needed to manage the upgrade
- Covers administration, customization, disaster recovery, and migrating from Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 to Windows SharePoint Foundation 2010
Packed with real-world examples to support the instructions, Mastering Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 gets administrators up to speed quickly on this essential technology.
From the Back Cover
Mastering Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010: Master the Newest Version of This Powerful Collaboration Tool
This in-depth book is a practical, point-by-point guide for IT professionals who are responsible for installing, configuring, managing, or migrating to Windows SharePoint Foundation (SPF) 2010. The exciting successor to Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0, SPF 2010 is the newest version of the powerful collaboration tool and offers many new features. Start here to create effective, efficient, collaborative solutions for your company.
This book provides step-by-step coverage of topics system administrators need to know, including creating and administering sites, site collections, web applications, security, and disaster recovery. Gain insight into using and managing web parts, lists, and libraries, as well as configuring features new to SharePoint Foundation such as business data connectivity and multi-tenancy. Learn the practical steps for migrating from WSS 3.0 to SPF 2010 using STSADM, PowerShell, and more.
- Understanding Windows® SharePoint Foundation 2010 software, hardware, and user interface
- Installing SharePoint Foundation 2010 and configuring services
- Using, modifying, and creating lists
- Setting up libraries for documents, pictures, forms, and wikis
- Document Collaboration, checking documents in and out, versioning, and content approval
- Working with sites, subsites, and workspaces
- Managing security and permissions, site collections, and web applications
- Migrating from WSS 3.0 to SPF 2010
- Monitoring the SharePoint Foundation server to avoid performance failure
- Backing up and restoring SharePoint Foundation, from list to farm
- Prepare and Install Standalone and Server Farm Implementations of SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Create Document Libraries, Shared Calendars, Surveys, Discussions, Workspaces, or Blogs
- Perform Administrative Tasks in Central Administration or with STSADM and PowerShell
- Learn Advanced Configuration Techniques
Callahan, MCSE, MCSA, MCT, is a Windows SharePoint Services MVP and the owner and principal trainer of CallahanTech, providing customized training and courseware for businesses and IT professionals. She is the author of MasteringWindows SharePoint Services 3.0 and coauthor of Mark Minasi’s Mastering Windows Server 2003 and Mastering Windows Server 2003, Upgrade Edition for SP1 and R2. She is also a frequent presenter at various industry shows, including TechEd, Windows Connections, and the occasional SharePoint Saturday.
[download id=”65″ format=”1″]