Microservices with Go
- Paperback: 328 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 25, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804617008
- ISBN-13: 978-1804617007
Microservices with Go: Build, scale, and maintain microservices in Golang with ease
This book covers the key benefits and common issues of microservices, helping you understand the problems microservice architecture helps to solve, the issues it usually introduces, and the ways to tackle them.
You’ll start by learning about the importance of using the right principles and standards in order to achieve the key benefits of microservice architecture. The following chapters will explain why the Go programming language is one of the most popular languages for microservice development and lay down the foundations for the next chapters of the book. You’ll explore the foundational aspects of Go microservice development including service scaffolding, service discovery, data serialization, synchronous and asynchronous communication, deployment, and testing. After covering the development aspects, you’ll progress to maintenance and reliability topics. The last part focuses on more advanced topics of Go microservice development including system reliability, observability, maintainability, and scalability. In this part, you’ll dive into the best practices and examples which illustrate how to apply the key ideas to existing applications, using the services scaffolded in the previous part as examples.
- Get familiar with the industry’s best practices and solutions in microservice development
- Understand service discovery in the microservices environment
- Explore reliability and observability principles
- Discover best practices for asynchronous communication
- Focus on how to write high-quality unit and integration tests in Go applications
- Understand how to profile Go microservices
By the end of this Microservices with Go book, you’ll have gained hands-on experience with everything you need to develop scalable, reliable and performant microservices using Go.