Microsoft Defender for Endpoint in Depth
- Paperback: 362 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 3, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804615463
- ISBN-13: 978-1804615461
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint in Depth: A comprehensive guide that will allow you to build a deeper understanding of the product, its capabilities, and how to successfully operationalize them
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (MDE) is a market-leading cross-platform endpoint security solution that enables you to prevent, detect, investigate, and respond to threats. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint helps strengthen the security posture of your organization in many ways.
This book starts with a history of the product and a primer on the various feature areas. From prevention to attack surface reduction to detection and response, you will learn the reasoning behind the features, the applicability, as well as get an overview of common misconceptions and caveats. After planning and preparation, then deployment and configuration towards a successful implementation, you will be taken through a day in the life of a security analyst working with the product. You will understand common issues, techniques, and tools used for troubleshooting along with answers to some of the most common challenges people face. Finally, the book will wrap up with a reference guide that includes tips and tricks that will keep you coming back to the book regularly.
- The backstory of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- The reasoning behind the features, their applicability, and caveats
- How to prepare and plan a rollout within an organization
- Tool and methods to successfully operationalize the product
- Continuous operations and improvement of security posture
- The day-to-day of SecOps team operating the product
- Dealing with common issues using various techniques and tools
- Commonly used commands, tips, and tricks
By the end of the Microsoft Defender for Endpoint in Depth book, you will have a deep-level understanding of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint and you will feel more confident in your ability to secure your organization.