Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Reporting
- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 26, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849682186
- ISBN-13: 978-1849682183
Create and manage business reports with Dynamics GP
- Identify the major reporting challenges facing your organization and select the most effective reporting tool to meet those challenges
- Empower users from top to bottom in your organization to create their own reports
- Go beyond basic reporting by providing true business intelligence for your organization
- Discover how to use reporting tools to mine and analyze your Dynamics GP data for maximum competitive advantage
- Explore new reporting features found only in Dynamics GP 2010
- Employ real-life step-by-step examples in this part tutorial, part reference guide
- A foreword by Errol Schoenfish, a member of the Microsoft Dynamics community for over 24 years
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 is a sophisticated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system with a multitude of features and options. Microsoft Dynamics GP enables you to create and manage a variety of reports that help small and mid-size businesses effectively manage their financial and operational data.
This book will show you how to create and manage reports, know what tools to use and when, how to use them and where to find the data based on how it’s being entered into the system with Dynamics GP.
This book will empower you with the tools and reports necessary to use Dynamics GP data in making key business decisions. The book addresses the many challenges and frustrations a company may face when preparing to build new reports. Then it moves on to explain how to find your data in the GP system and company databases. The book then dives deep into topics such as SmartLists, SL Builder and Excel Report Builder, Report Writer, SSRS Report Library, and Analysis Cubes Design and Management Reporter amongst others. With this knowledge in hand, you will be capable of selecting the most effective tool for the current reporting environment.
Create and manage business reports as well as identifying the most appropriate reporting tool for a variety of reporting challenges with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
What you will learn from this book :
- Explore major reporting challenges faced by report writers
- Understand how data is stored in Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Utilize Excel and SmartLists Builders for basic GP reporting needs
- Take advantage of the new Word Template functionality in Report Writer
- Deploy and modify Dynamics GP SQL Reporting Services report library
- Customize Analysis Cubes for Excel for improved ad hoc data analysis
- Slice and dice Dynamics GP data with Excel Pivot Tables and Pivot Formulas
- Design and create various building blocks for Management Reporter
- Explore advanced concepts for delivering professional-quality financial statements
- Identify the right tool for any Dynamics GP reporting need
Part tutorial, part reference guide, this book will show you how to create and manage reports as well as identify the most appropriate reporting tool for any reporting challenge. In addition, you will learn universal topics such as how to locate data for any given report. Although some of the reporting tools addressed in this book are exclusive to Dynamics GP 2010, many of the topics discussed also apply to older versions of GP.
Who this book is written for
If you are a Microsoft Dynamics GP developer, consultant, or power user who wants to create and manage reports, then this book is for you. A working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP is required. A basic understanding of business management systems and reporting applications such as Microsoft Excel and SQL Reporting Services is highly recommended.
[download id=”49″ format=”1″]