Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Administration Cookbook
- Paperback: 468 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 24, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849681449
- ISBN-13: 978-1849681445
Over 70 practical recipes for administering a high-performance SQL Server 2008 R2 system
- Provides Advanced Administration techniques for SQL Server 2008 R2 as a book or eBook
- Covers the essential Manageability, Programmability, and Security features
- Emphasizes important High Availability features and implementation
- Explains how to maintain and manage the SQL Server data platform effectively
Microsoft SQL Server is a powerful relational database engine, widely used to store and maintain data in Enterprises of various levels – be they small, medium, or large. SQL Server delivers a rich set of integrated services and reporting features that enable you to do more with your data such as query, search, synchronize, report, and analyze. SQL Server 2008 R2 accelerates the capabilities to scale database operations and is a highly scalable data platform.
This practical cookbook will show you the advanced administration techniques for managing and administering a scalable and high-performance SQL Server 2008 R2 system. It contains over 85 practical, task-based, and immediately useable recipes covering a wide range of advanced administration techniques for administering a high-performance SQL Server 2008 R2 system and solving specific administration problems. It shows how the SQL Server 2008 R2 system can be taken further.
Packed with reusable, real-world recipes, the book starts by providing an overview of the server and specialized editions of SQL Server 2008 R2 technologies, features, and solutions. Next it covers database administration and management principles with real-world examples. The book then dives deep into topics such as administration of core Business Intelligence Services, management of core SQL Server 2008 R2 technologies, availability, security, and programmability, implementing new manageability features and practices, and maintenance and monitoring, amongst others.
Administer a scalable and high-performance SQL Server 2008 R2 system using advanced administration techniques.
What you will learn from this book :
- Discover best practice solutions for upgrading to SQL Server 2008 R2
- Employ the new enhancements in SQL Server 2008 R2
- Build a strategic multi-server management
- Automate administration tasks
- Implement the inter-operability of SQL Server Analysis Services and SQL Server Reporting Services with SharePoint 2010 services
- Manage and administer core SQL Server 2008 R2 Business Intelligence Services
- Implement and manage essential Availability and Programmability enhancements
- Implement best practices and build troubleshooting techniques on a multi-instance and multi-database environment
This book offers practical, task-based, and immediately usable recipes covering a wide range of advanced techniques for administering a high-performance SQL Server 2008 R2 system. In addition to its cookbook style, which ensures the solutions are presented in a clear step-by-step manner, its explanations go into great detail, which makes it good learning material for everyone who has experience in SQL Server and wants to improve. The book is designed in such a way that you can either read it chapter by chapter or refer to recipes that you want in no particular order.
Although the book is focused on specific Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, most of the concepts and explanations are also applicable to SQL Server 2008.
Who this book is written for
If you are an experienced database administrator and database architect who wants to design, administer, and manage a scalable and high-performance SQL Server 2008 R2 system, then this book is for you. The book assumes that you have a good understanding of database management systems, specifically experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 administration.
[download id=”178″ format=”1″]