Moodle 2.0 E-Learning Course Development
- Paperback: 344 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 25, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849515263
- ISBN-13: 978-1849515269
This book and eBook is a complete guide to successful learning and e-learning using Moodle
- The new book and ebook edition of the best selling introduction to using Moodle for teaching and e-learning, updated for Moodle 2.0
- Straightforward coverage of installing and using the Moodle system, suitable for newcomers as well as existing Moodle users who want to get a few tips
- A unique course-based approach focuses your attention on designing well-structured, interactive, and successful courses
- Configure site settings, set up the front page, create user accounts, and create courses
Enhance your teaching with the Moodle 2.0 E-Learning Course Development book and eBook
Moodle is the leading Open Source e learning management system. Using Moodle, teachers and professors can easily construct richly textured web-based courses. A course can consist of a number of lessons, with each lesson including reading materials; activities such as quizzes, tests, surveys, and projects; and social elements that encourage interaction and group work between students.
Moodle 2.0 E-Learning Course Development shows you how to use Moodle as a tool to enhance your teaching. It will help you analyse your students’ requirements, and come to an understanding of what Moodle can do for them. After that you’ll see how to use every feature of Moodle to meet your course goals. Moodle is relatively easy to install and use, but the real challenge is to develop a learning process that leverages its power and maps effectively onto the content-established learning situation. This book and eBook guides you through meeting that challenge.
The latest edition of the ultimate introduction to Moodle will show you how to add static learning material, interactive activities, and social features to your courses so that students reach their learning potential. Whether you want to support traditional class teaching or lecturing, or provide complete online and distance e learning courses, this book will prove a powerful resource throughout your use of Moodle.
A complete guide to successful learning using Moodle, focused on course development and delivery and using the best educational practices.
Written by William Rice, this is the newest edition of the best selling introduction to Moodle book and eBook, showing you how to set up an e-learning site using the hotly-anticipated version 2.0.
What you will learn from this book :
Understand, learn, discover…
- Understand what Moodle can do, how it compares to other e-learning packages, and how it can support your teaching strategies
- Install the Moodle software on your own computer or a server, and navigate your way around it
- Discover the new features of Moodle 2.0 and how they can improve your courses
- Learn about the different kinds of courses that can be created, from team-building group exercises, to individual courses that the student can work on at home
- Understand all of Moodle’s learning features that allow you to manage course content, interactive resources, and social activities such as forums and wikis.
- Manage students so that you can ensure that the right students are going to the right classes
- Allow students to enrol themselves, or invite students to join a course
- Understand, use, and customize roles
- Monitor how learners interact with your site using site stats
- Add multimedia content to your site
Follow an example Moodle course
This book and e-book contains everything you’d expect from an introduction to Moodle: clear step-by-step instructions, plenty of screenshots, explanations and guides through the many features and options that you have to choose from. Throughout this book and e-book you will follow an example course that will help you to explore the sort of decisions, design considerations, and thought that goes into developing a successful course.
Who this book is written for
Get the best from Moodle
This book and ebook is for anyone who wants to get the best from Moodle. Beginners to Moodle will get a thorough guide to how the software works, with great ideas for getting off to a good start with their first course. More experienced Moodle users will find powerful insights into developing more successful and educational courses.
[download id=”322″ format=”1″]