Moodle 2.0 Multimedia Cookbook
- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 19, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849514704
- ISBN-13: 978-1849514705
Add images, videos, music, and much more to make your Moodle course interactive and fun
- Learn how to add photographs, videos, animations, and much more to make your Moodle course even more interactive
- Embed 2D or 3D maps, interactive or static charts, resources, assets, videos, bitmaps, and photographs into Moodle courses
- Learn how to design and work with podcasts, audio assets, sound, music, and screencasts and integrate them into Moodle
- Part of Packt’s Cookbook series, which is ideal if you want to follow clear recipes to quickly add effects to your course without the need for extra reading
Moodle is an open source virtual learning environment that is widely used in schools and businesses. By including multimedia, such as animated graphics, bitmaps, photographs, and videos in your Moodle site, you can enhance the enjoyment of your site’s users and sustain their attention.
Moodle 2.0 Multimedia Cookbook provides a plethora of recipes showing you how to manage, link, and embed different multimedia resources into your Moodle course – ideal if you don’t have the time to read a long tutorial and want quick ways to enhance your Moodle course.
Go beyond your normal use of Moodle and make your courses really attractive! This cookbook will give you inspiration and teach you to do things you never knew were possible. Link, edit, and embed bitmaps and photographs to illustrate your lessons. Learn to resize and convert images to the most appropriate formats for Moodle courses, interactive documents, and e-Portfolios. Work with animated graphics to create engaging activities and learn the most complex topics related to formats, compression, bitmaps, and vector graphics while following steps in these simple recipes.
A cookbook with many practical recipes for teachers who want quick solutions to integrate multimedia resources with Moodle to create rich and interactive courses.
What you will learn from this book :
- Create and embed 2D and 3D interactive maps in Moodle courses using web resources and free software
- Work with different types of audio files to offer sounds, music, and podcasts in your Moodle courses
- Record, edit, and convert audio files to make them compatible with Moodle
- Use open source multiplatform tools to create screencasts and edit, link, and embed videos into your Moodle courses
- Edit, enhance, and convert image files and embed them in Moodle
- Design and integrate e-Portfolios in Moodle courses to organize the information for students
Part of Packt’s Cookbook series, each chapter focuses on a different multimedia effect. If you don’t have the time to work your way through a long tutorial, then this is the book for you. The step-by-step recipes are independent from each other so you can dip in and out of the book to add great effects to your course as and when you need them.
Who this book is written for
This cookbook is designed for teachers who want to learn how to insert different multimedia assets into their Moodle courses. It is expected that you will have basic knowledge of Moodle 1.9 or 2.0 and have Moodle installed and ready to be worked on. Teachers of different subjects can adapt the recipes to best suit their specific subject.
[download id=”159″ format=”1″]