Next-Level Instructional Design
- Paperback: 124 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 28, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801819513
- ISBN-13: 978-1801819510
Next-Level Instructional Design: Develop the four key competencies essential for a successful career in instructional design with this practical guide
The field of instructional design offers a rapidly growing, flexible, and rewarding career path. Chances are that if you’re a teacher creating training material, college professor designing educational courses, human resources professional creating learning content, or even a graphic designer curating content, you may already be engaging in instructional designing without even realizing it!
This book teaches you all about the four capabilities that are most important to exceling as an instructional designer – teaching, writing, creating, and analyzing. The chapters are designed in a way that provides you with practical tips for day-to-day learning projects through true ID stories. You’ll get familiar with common misconceptions surrounding the field, along with how to overcome your shortcomings. With the help of easy-to-understand real-world case studies and practical tips, each chapter focuses on developing one particular competency to help you grasp the concepts with ease.
- Explore the four key competencies in detail – teaching, writing, creating, and analyzing
- Understand the importance of building upon all four key competencies of an effective instructional designer
- Develop and grow each competency through helpful and practical tips, not just theory
- See what really happens in the “real world” of instructional design through myth busters
- Discover common pitfalls and mistakes made by almost every instructional designer
- Recognize practical teachable moments derived from real-world case studies
By the end of this Next-Level Instructional Design book, you’ll have gained a comprehensive understanding of the key competencies needed to succeed in this field and their importance, and learned how to develop them effectively.