Oracle GoldenGate 11g Implementer’s guide
- Paperback: 280 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 14, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781849682008
- ISBN-13: 978-1849682008
Design, install, and configure high-performance data replication solutions using Oracle GoldenGate
- The very first book on GoldenGate, focused on design and performance tuning in enterprise-wide environments
- Exhaustive coverage and analysis of all aspects of the GoldenGate software implementation, including design, installation, and advanced configuration
- Migrate your data replication solution from Oracle Streams to GoldenGate
- Design a GoldenGate solution that meets all the functional and non-functional requirements of your system
- Written in a simple illustrative manner, providing step-by-step guidance with discussion points
- Goes way beyond the manual, appealing to Solution Architects, System Administrators and Database Administrators
Data replication is an important part of any database system that is growing due to today’s demand for real-time reporting and regulatory requirements. GoldenGate has recently become Oracle’s strategic real-time data replication solution. Until now, very little has been written about how to implement GoldenGate in a production enterprise environment where performance, scalability, and data integrity are paramount.
Your days of dismay over the lack of documentation over Oracle GoldenGate are over.
Welcome to Oracle GoldenGate 11g Implementer’s guide – a comprehensive practical book, which will deliver answers to your questions in a clear, concise style, allowing you to progress effectively in a timeline-driven environment. Based on the author’s own experience, this long awaited GoldenGate administration book has all that is required to install, design, configure, and tune data replication solutions suited to every environment. Be the first to master GoldenGate’s power and flexibility by reading this unique hands-on implementation companion.
Systems need to send data from one system to another in a timely manner to satisfy the ever-increasing need for speed. Regardless of whether you are a novice or an expert – or someone in between – this book will guide you through all the steps necessary to build a high-performance GoldenGate solution on Oracle11gR1. Expert users can dive into key topic areas such as performance tuning or troubleshooting, while novice users can step through the early installation and configuration chapters, later progressing to the advanced chapters.
This book is more than an implementation guide. It offers detailed real-life examples, encouraging additional thought and discussion by going beyond the manual.
With Oracle GoldenGate 11g Implementer’s guide in hand, you’ll be designing, installing, and configuring high-performance solutions using GoldenGate in less time than you can say “replicate”.
What you will learn from this book :
- Deliver high-speed data replication solutions
- Implement robust Disaster Recovery solutions
- Migrate applications with no data loss or downtime
- Configure GoldenGate for High Availability and Scalability
- Troubleshoot and solve data replication problems, including Conflict Handling and Error Detection
- Write your own GoldenGate macros and enhancements
- Configure multi-target replication from a single-source database
- Configure bi-directional replication
- Report on your data throughput and latency
- Tune GoldenGate for high performance
- Learn about the advanced features and techniques that make GoldenGate the preferred choice in data replication
More than just a step-by-step guide, this book offers examples, tips, and tricks that are all discussed in detail, providing the reader with the knowledge and confidence to implement them. Supporting diagrams, illustrations, and screenshots promote understanding and enhance the overall reading experience.
The author’s onsite experience in implementing Oracle GoldenGate in the financial sector is thoroughly reflected in this book.
Who this book is written for
This book is for Solution Architects and Database Architects who wish to learn about the functionality and efforts required in implementing a data replication, migration or integration solution using GoldenGate. It is also designed for System Administrators and Database Administrators who want to implement, or those who have already implemented, Goldengate and who want to explore its advanced features. An intermediate understanding of Oracle database technology is assumed.
[download id=”70″ format=”1″]