Oracle Siebel CRM 8 Developer’s Handbook
- Paperback: 576 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 14, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849681864
- ISBN-13: 978-1849681865
A practical guide to configuring, automating, and extending Siebel CRM applications
- Use Siebel Tools to configure and automate Siebel CRM applications
- Understand the Siebel Repository and its object types
- Configure the Siebel CRM user interface – applets, views, and screens
- Configure the Siebel business layer – business components and business objects
- Customize the look and feel of Siebel CRM applications
- A multitude of explanatory tables, screenshots, and precise diagrams to illustrate the topics
- Instructions valid for versions 8.0, 8.1, and 8.2
Written by Oracle employee and Siebel expert, Alexander Hansal, this book is a complete practical guide to configuring, automating, and extending Siebel CRM applications. You will learn how to configure the Siebel CRM user interface objects as well as the underlying business layer objects by using real-life case study examples. In addition, you will learn to safely configure the Siebel data model.
Oracle’s Siebel CRM is market-leading Customer Relationship Management software. Unmatched in functionality and scalability, Siebel enhances a company’s sales performance, improves customer satisfaction, and provides a robust Customer Relationship Management system for an organization.
You will learn how the object types in the Siebel Repository are related to each other and how they are organized in different layers. The book then teaches you to configure the Siebel CRM user interface objects such as views and applets as well as the underlying business layer objects by using real-life case-study examples. Always having one eye on performance and upgradeability, you will learn to safely configure the Siebel data model.
Understanding and using the Siebel event framework for automation is also a key focus area of the book. You will gain a thorough and solid understanding of integration objects to support EAI interfaces.
Chapters on Siebel Workflow, Task UI, and scripting prepare you for the most complex automation requirements and ensure that you hit the road running on your first Siebel implementation projects.
If you already consider yourself an experienced Siebel consultant, be prepared for some unprecedented insights and pro tips.
What you will learn from this book :
- Understand object types and their relationships in the Siebel Repository
- Learn how to use Siebel Tools
- Create symbolic strings to support multi-lingual applications
- Configure business components, joins, and fields
- Configure static and dynamic pick lists
- Create multi-value fields
- Configure access control
- Implement user properties to control special behavior
- Create drill-downs and applet toggles to support navigation
- Configure menu items and buttons using the Siebel event framework
- Use preconfigured business services
- Support EAI interfaces and reports with integration objects and EAI Siebel Adapter
- Automate business processes with Siebel Workflow
- Support process-based navigation with Siebel Task UI
- Extend the Siebel business logic with scripting
- Migrate configuration changes between environments with Application Deployment
This book uses a real-life case study to provide easy-to-follow examples that are radically practical and can be easily adapted to similar situations in Siebel CRM implementation projects.
The book ensures that you know what you are doing and why you are doing it by providing useful insight along with detailed practical instructions. It contains a multitude of explanatory tables, screenshots, and precise diagrams to illustrate the topics.
When you have finished the book you will feel prepared to participate in Siebel CRM implementation projects. In addition you will be able to teach the “old dogs” some new tricks.
Who this book is written for
This book is written for developers who want to develop their Siebel Tools skill set. While the book is intended for beginners, even experienced developers will benefit from the topics presented in this book. Preliminary exposure to or training on technical Siebel topics would be beneficial but is not mandatory before you start reading this book.
[download id=”62″ format=”1″]