Practical C Programming
- Paperback: 677 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 10, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838641106
- ISBN-13: 978-1838641108
C Programming Cookbook: A comprehensive guide with practical instructions on data structures, low level programming, high performance, networking, IoT and more to help you gain a deeper understanding of the latest standards (C11 and C18) in C programming
C is a popular programming language among developers because of its flexibility and versatility. It is used in a multitude of applications ranging from microcontrollers to operating systems. This book will take you through the fundamental as well as complex C programming concepts using several organized tasks.
This book covers all the important building blocks of C necessary for creating real-life applications. Starting with recipes on arrays, strings, user-defined functions, and preprocessing directives, you’ll gradually advance to pointers, file handling, concurrency, networking, and inter-process communication. The book then illustrates how to perform a search and arrange data using different sorting techniques, followed by explaining the implementation of data structures such as a stack and queue. You will also discover many interesting programming features such as using graphics for drawing and animation and the use of general-purpose utilities. Finally, you’ll get to grips with advanced concepts such as low-level programming, embedded software, IoT, and security in coding, and learn techniques to improve the performance of your code.
- Discover how to use arrays, functions, and strings to create large apps
- Perform preprocessing and conditional compilation for efficient programming
- Understand how to use pointers and memory optimally
- Use general-purpose utilities and improve the performance of the code
- Implement multitasking using threads and process synchronization
- Explore low-level programming and inline assembly language
- Understand how to use graphics for animation
- Implement security while developing C programs
- Establish communication between two or more processes using different techniques
By the end of this Practical C Programming book, you’ll have developed a clear understanding of C programming to help you to take your career to the next level.