Practical Microservices with Dapr and .NET – Second Edition
- Paperback: 312 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (November 11, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803248122
- ISBN-13: 978-1803248127
Practical Microservices with Dapr and .NET, 2nd Edition: Use the innovative, highly portable event-driven distributed application runtime to simplify building resilient and scalable microservices for cloud and edge applications
This Practical Microservices with Dapr and .NET, Second Edition will help you get to grips with microservice architectures and how to manage application complexities with Dapr in no time. You’ll understand how Dapr simplifies development while allowing you to work with multiple languages and platforms. Following a C# sample, you’ll understand how Dapr’s runtime, building blocks, and software development kits (SDKs) help you to simplify the creation of resilient and portable microservices.
Dapr provides an event-driven runtime that supports the essential features you need for building microservices, including service invocation, state management, and publish/subscribe messaging. You’ll explore all of those in addition to various other advanced features with this practical guide to learning Dapr. With a focus on deploying the Dapr sample application to an Azure Kubernetes Service cluster and to the Azure Container Apps serverless platform, you’ll see how to expose the Dapr application with NGINX, YARP, and Azure API Management.
- Use Dapr to create services, invoking them directly and via pub/sub
- Discover best practices for working with microservice architectures
- Leverage the actor model to orchestrate data and behavior
- Expose API built with Dapr applications via NGINX and Azure API Management
- Use Azure Kubernetes Service to deploy a sample application
- Monitor Dapr applications using Zipkin, Prometheus, and Grafana
- Scale and load test Dapr applications on Kubernetes
- Get to grips with Azure Container Apps as you combine Dapr with a serverless platform
By the end of this Practical Microservices with Dapr and .NET, 2nd Edition book, you’ll be able to write microservices easily by implementing industry best practices to solve problems related to distributed systems.