Practical Network Automation – Second Edition
- Paperback: 226 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 26, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789955653
- ISBN-13: 978-1789955651
Practical Network Automation, 2nd Edition: Leverage the power of Python, Ansible and other network automation tools to make your network robust and more secure
Network automation is the use of IT controls to supervise and carry out everyday network management functions. It plays a key role in network virtualization technologies and network functions.
The book starts by providing an introduction to network automation, and its applications, which include integrating DevOps tools to automate the network efficiently. It then guides you through different network automation tasks and covers various data digging and performing tasks such as ensuring golden state configurations using templates, interface parsing. This book also focuses on Intelligent Operations using Artificial Intelligence and troubleshooting using chatbots and voice commands. The book then moves on to the use of Python and the management of SSH keys for machine-to-machine (M2M) communication, all followed by practical use cases. The book also covers the importance of Ansible for network automation, including best practices in automation; ways to test automated networks using tools such as Puppet, SaltStack, and Chef; and other important techniques.
- Get started with the fundamental concepts of network automation
- Perform intelligent data mining and remediation based on triggers
- Understand how AIOps works in operations
- Trigger automation through data factors
- Improve your data center’s robustness and security through data digging
- Get access infrastructure through API Framework for chatbot and voice interactive troubleshootings
- Set up communication with SSH-based devices using Netmiko
Through practical use-cases and examples, this Practical Network Automation, Second Edition book will acquaint you with the various aspects of network automation. It will give you the solid foundation you need to automate your own network without any hassle.