- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (April 24, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118026683
- ISBN-13: 978-1118026687
If you’re looking for a single resource that completely encompasses jQuery and related technologies, then look no further. This authoritative guide dives right into exploring jQuery, the leading framework used for standards-based, client-side web development. You’ll discover how jQuery is structured so that it can be used to accomplish a wide range of tasks and you’ll learn how to integrate jQuery into your web pages. The authors provide helpful lessons and valuable examples so that you can get a firm grasp on how best to maximize the capabilities of jQuery.
- Begins with a look at where to access the latest version of jQuery and reviews a number of useful tools to help get started with this popular framework
- Describes how to manipulate DOM elements, work with HTML forms, and create visual effects
- Covers working with AJAX and JSON
- Explains techniques for using and developing jQuery plugins
- Details developing jQuery for mobile devices
Professional jQuery: A complete, in-depth look at jQuery
You’ll quickly see for yourself why jQuery is rapidly growing in popularity as developers are looking to build sites that are fully functional today and can handle the technologies of tomorrow.
From the Back Cover
Professional jQuery: Learn the framework to create innovative, standards-based websites
- Explains how to manipulate DOM elements and work with data
- Covers steps for working with HTML forms, AJAX, and JSON
- Provides you with the skills to animate elements and CSS properties to create eye-catching effects
- Demonstrates how to extend jQuery using battle-tested best practices for jQuery plugin development
WOW! eBook Professional guides are written by working developers to address everyday needs. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
wrox.com Programmer Forums
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.