Push Notifications by Tutorials, 4th Edition
- Paperback: 225 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 6, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1950325717
- ISBN-13: 978-1950325719
Push Notifications by Tutorials: Driving User Engagement for Your Apps, 4th Edition: Up to date for Swift 5.8, Python 3, iOS 16, watchOS 9, Xcode 14: Learn iOS Push Notifications!
Push Notifications are one of the most important interaction points of your app with your users. Simply put, a push notification is a way to send any type of data to your users’ apps, even if they aren’t actively using them.
Even though most developers feel they know everything there is to know about this topic, major additions in latest releases of iOS have pushed these notifications beyond simply delivering messages to your users. Learning all of the exciting opportunities and ways you could boost your users’ experiences and interactions might be a bit overwhelming at first. Worry not! This is where Push Notifications by Tutorials, 4th Edition comes to the rescue.
This book is for intermediate iOS developers who already know the basics of iOS, and who wish to know everything there is to know about push notifications. It starts with a basic introduction of how notifications work, with later chapters going much deeper into advanced materials.
Topics Covered in Push Notifications by Tutorials, 4th Edition:
- Remote Notification Payload: Learn everything there is to know about the Payload representing your notification and its various customization options.
- Remote Notifications: Learn everything about how to send a remote notification from a server, how to create your own Vapor-based push server, identify and manage users and their device tokens, and more.
- Local Notifications: Much like remote notifications, you’ll learn how to schedule local notifications, originating from your device instead of from a remote server.
- Modifying the Payload: Learn how to use a Notification Service Extension to manipulate your notification payload right before it’s presented to the user.
- Custom Actions: Put your users first by providing them with useful Custom Actions they can interact with, right from your notification, without the need to open your app.
- Custom Interfaces: Take your notifications to the next level by providing a rich, customized user interface for your push notification.
- All kinds of other topics related to push notifications on iOS, iPadOS and watchOS!
One thing you can count on: after you finish reading this book, you’ll master everything there is to know about push notifications and how to take advantage of the latest and greatest features, to make your app stand out from the rest to enhance your user experience.